I never thought I would post about these…

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Cocktail sticks….
That’s right, the quality of cocktail sticks…

We use a lot of these of course…
Great for holding a wheel for painting…
Great for removing masks, reducing the risk of scratching the surface compared to using a knife.
Convenient for some glue application

Very useful things…

I have always used supermarket bought cocktail sticks and they are nice evenly shaped, quite strong and smooth.

Recently I went to a pound shop to get another useful modelling item, plastic shot glasses and I spotted some cocktail sticks and thought why not and popped some into my basket.

What a mistake

They are an uneven size and shape, some splintered and not at all strong.

This is important, after all even used for their original purpose you don’t want a guest to get a splinter left behind in the cherry in their cocktail, or left in that cocktail sausage come to that.

Even for our purposes they are useless and often break when trying to lift the corner of a piece of masking. They break when trying to fit them into a wheel axle hole as well.

Utterly useless. I spent a little time sorting through my little cocktail stick drawer and threw away these cheap ones I was so fed up with them.

So, a tip, don’t waste money on cheap cocktail sticks. My next batch will be delivered in my Waitrose shop….

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Agree totally Barry. At the start of grill season, keep an eye open for bamboo cocktail sticks...

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Agree totally Barry. At the start of grill season, keep an eye open for bamboo cocktail sticks...
I have just received my Waitrose shopping delivery and the cocktail sticks are bamboo, far far better for our, or any purpose. Thanks Ian.