Ian M's Artillery SIG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Having given up trying to scratch the last few details I wanted for this, I am calling it done.

The Loyd carrier was a great kit to build. Complicated more that needs be but built up into a long missed vehicle in this scale.

The 6 lb'er was a hasty choice as the new one from Bronco never turned up and after five weeks I asked for a refund and got it. I will just say that the Loyd was ordered from England two days after the 6lb'er was ordered in Denmark!!!

I had an older Italeri job in the stash so built that up. Not a bad kit and in fact I reckon a bit better than the Tamiya one....

Enough already.

While enjoying a break in the rain, a couple of gun crews have got together for a brew. Half way though the tea break, Jones comes blasting down the muddy track making the poor guys jump for their lives. Looks like some one owes Spencer a dry uniform...

View attachment 103978

View attachment 103979

View attachment 103980

View attachment 103981

View attachment 103982

View attachment 103983

View attachment 103984

View attachment 103985

View attachment 103986

View attachment 103987

View attachment 103988

Hope you like it. I aint doin it again... lol

Ian M

IMAG2021.jpg

IMAG2022.jpg

IMAG2023.jpg

IMAG2024.jpg

IMAG2025.jpg

IMAG2026.jpg

IMAG2027.jpg

IMAG2028.jpg

IMAG2029.jpg

IMAG2030.jpg

IMAG2031.jpg

T

Tibbs

That is just brilliant..... The muddy track is spot on and the falling man is a great touch.... Top marks

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice ian the whole theme is fantastic and a nice bit of humour to the scene as well :smiling3:

Did you alter the figures or did they come like that ?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers chaps. I tend to have a habit of trying to add a bit of humour in what where dark times.

Alan. Yes the figures did get chopped a bit. The odd arm or leg bent or made straight. also some of the feet got a change in angle.

Some of the arms are swapped around. so they are on a different figure...and some have had head transplants.... lol

As it stands all the figures are just planted with a pin in the bottom of their foot. So I can move them around a bit. Not a lover of diorama as they take to much room so they could end up in some other scene

Ian M

C

chris2681

\ said:
Cheers chaps. I tend to have a habit of trying to add a bit of humour in what where dark times.
Alan. Yes the figures did get chopped a bit. The odd arm or leg bent or made straight. also some of the feet got a change in angle.

Some of the arms are swapped around. so they are on a different figure...and some have had head transplants.... lol

As it stands all the figures are just planted with a pin in the bottom of their foot. So I can move them around a bit. Not a lover of diorama as they take to much room so they could end up in some other scene

Ian M
Same situation here lan. I love dioramas but don't the room for them at the moment.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like this Ian, superb story telling and superbly made. Quality build not only on the models but the base looks amazing, all comes together beautifully.

Si:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I don't care how crowded it gets ! I will never stop building my dios ! :mad: ............. Superb Job Ian! :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Excellent work,Ian i like the whole little scene,and very well pained,figuers and

top work done on the bren,real like it, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great job Ian. Captured the moment nicely, poor Spencer is about to take a dip; Jones isn't going to be popular. Nicely made vehicle and gun, figures are nicely finished, and the base is awesome.