Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Funny fun time.

Thanks John. It is a great little kit and almost builds it's self. Well it is a Tamiya. The detail is good and there are relatively few parts. So a quick builder. Will you laugh if I tell you I was really taking my time...

Andy: Your welcome. Give it a try one day. It works on tanks as well ;) and once you have got it sussed, it's not to hard to get enough paint down and still have it thin enough to let the preshade do its bit.

Right then COLOUR!!!

View attachment 50674 View attachment 50675

Top side so far. Middle stone overall. Although the pre shade worked well, I have given it a faded look (hopefully) by adding a drip or two of white in the Middle Stone and giving the centres of the panels a quick splosh.

The Under side is In Azure and treated the same way. I forgot to take a photo of that, so you'll get one later when the top is dry.

OK We got Middle Stone on't top and Azur on't belly, can we guess what the next colour will be....

Ian M

View attachment 53323

View attachment 53324

IMAG0616.jpg

IMAG0617.jpg

P

Polux

Sorry Ian... No idea which color is the next one, but I can say it's looking fantastic so far! Great Job!

Polux

C

Caledonia

Hi Ian, you have really cracked the pre-shading on this one. Great job. Must build a Meteor and Vampire some time. Derek

K

Kressy13

Looks good mate. Dunno about the colour though. Dark brown maybe, desert camo?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well due to my back being on a sympathy strike with my knees I had a day at home today. Ain't life a bitch!! lol

I got the mask for the camouflage sorted and sprayed the second colour yesterday after work. Today it was hairy stick time!!! Rather than go into a whole mass of (boring) detail the result of which was this:

View attachment 50742 View attachment 50743 View attachment 50744

So the winner was Green. The hairy stick bit was the black and white dividing line!!! OK its not perfect, but good enough me thinks!

As I write, the gloss coat is drying on the top side and I will do the bottom tomorrow.

Spent a while converting the underbelly fuel tank into a gun pod. Oh and making a Gatling gun for it. More on that next time...

Now about this camouflage, its not a made up one but I can assure you that its never been used on a Meteor, or any other aircraft for that matter. It was actually from a tank! Seen it on a Crusader and a Grant and thought "that will look good"

Ian M

View attachment 53390

View attachment 53391

View attachment 53392

IMAG0623.jpg

IMAG0624.jpg

IMAG0625.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Decals down and drying...

Thanks for the comments, I hope it was a pleasant shock Alex.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Wow now thats some cool looking cammo Ian,free hand hairy stick work is excellent!

C

CDW

I thought i may have to tone the Korean MBT camo down a tad on my build ..... after seeing this i think it'll be ok :smiling3: :smiling3:

Thats crazy camo Ian, nice work mate ...

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
There is clearly some imagination running wild here. Nice one.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
WOW ! that is some funky looking camo Ian!!It looks brilliant ,if slightly psychedelic!! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Story and finished Photos are now in the completed section...

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/completed/16855-ian-ms-meteor-bonus-sig-build.html#post139707

This was fun, I think we should do this again.

Ian M