IAWATA Problems

S

Sky Raider

Im sure i will get the answer to this problem as you guys constantly use airbrushes.

I went into the workshop today to prine the radar tower on the hunter. I loaded up the airbrish and attempted to spray, as soon as i applied the air a shower of primer was squirted through the hole in the cap and went everywhere. i was a litte worried before i pressed the air as some primer dripped out of the brush.

I had cleaned the brush after uses and it has been sitting there for days.

I stripped the brush completely and cleaned it out. It worked ok and i applied the primer.

I stripped the brush again after use and cleaned it and now im getting the same problem again, the cleaner is being backwashed through the resevoir. I can confirm that the knozzel is clear and there are no blockages.

Can someone help please.

Cheers

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
the only problem i had and it was the same problem as you the nozzle at the end wasn't as tight as it should have been give it a try..thats all i got hope it works buddy

S

Sky Raider

Thanks John. Not being a regular user of these things i wouldnt know where to start. The principle workings seem to function fine, i never tighten the bits together too tight perhaps on this occassion i might be a little too light handed. I never thought for one minute that the nozzel not being tight enough would have caused a problem, just goes to show what i know about these things lol

Cheers John ill give it a go in the morning, hopefully it does the trick as i need this thing working.

Thanks again

Andy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I had the same problem with an Iwata Revolution a while ago. The airbrush ran but with a sort of spitting and bubbles came back into the paint cup.

You're not going to thank me for this!

I changed the nozzle which was split and cleaned the whole thing out but to no avail. I repeated the process,lubricated everything up and it worked fine. The problem is that I don't know what caused it. I'm sure that the nozzle,paint ways etc were clear and I know the nozzle and needle were new and properly fitted.

If anyone does know what was going on I'd love to know too.

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Steve, the confusing thing is everything looks fine, ive not really used the thing that much so its not wear and thats for sure. Perhaps it is a lube problem also but to get a back flush is duplicated exactly by putting your ringer over the nozzel and that indicates a blockage yet the nozzel is clear.

Cheers

Andy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Check the seal, I've had it before when it bubbled back in to the cup I removed the seal and it was fine, I'm guessing a little bit of air was leaking

S

Sky Raider

Foregive me John, i dont know much about these things, i stripped the brush but the only seals i see are the one at the back that locks the needle adjuster to the housing and the other is at the front behind the third section that is removed is that the one.

Cheers

andy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
They are usually red on iwata, there is a small one on the nozzle and one one the main body that are the main culprits, if you can pull them off easily try it without out them, try removing the one on the body first, I hope that sounds as easy as it does in my head had a few carlsbergs :smiling3:

S

Stevekir

I tried to resurrect my old aerograph '63. It bubbled air back into the cup. It never had a seal between the nozzle cap and the body of the brush, relying on a tight fit. Corrosion over the years prevented that and it was definitely the cause of the backflow.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
the only problem i had and it was the same problem as you the nozzle at the end wasn't as tight as it should have been give it a try..thats all i got hope it works buddy
John you got it right on the button mate, i turned the main nozzel a little more and the problem went away, i would have never thought that could have been the issue. Thanks a million mate for solving the problem.

Thanks to all the others who helped also.

Cheers and chuffed

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
no problem buddy we all need help some times mucker..anytime

S

Sky Raider

Where in Walsall are you John, forgive me if i have asked this before.

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
willenhall buddy or to narrow it down new invention

S

Sky Raider

Just up the road from me. im in Bloxwich, are you on the Coppice?

Andy

J

johnpipe108

Hi all,

I notice from Don Wheeler's site that he often applies a little "Chapstick" (moisturizing lip-balm) to parallel threads if/when sealing may be an issue.

HTH, Johnpipe