ICM 1/35 German MG08 Team 1914

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
As a gentle re-introduction to the bench, I decided on something small & light so......................
icm mgo8.jpg
3 sprues, packed in the usual ICM box-in-a-box
DSCF4507.JPG
Two figures - sadly flat hats, no Pickelhaube................
DSCF4502.JPG
Parts for the machine gun, and its' rather complex mount
DSCF4499.JPG
A bonus sprue- very few parts will be used
Instructions - not brilliant - the figures have a colour profile - that doesn't show their backs
DSCF4512.JPG
The machine gun does a lttle better, but needs careful study
DSCF4513.JPG
I'll put up some detail shots, and comments in part II
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A few detail shots:
DSCF4508.JPGDSCF4509.JPGDSCF4510.JPGDSCF4511.JPG
DSCF4503.JPGDSCF4504.JPGDSCF4505.JPGDSCF4506.JPG
Even though they won't be used.....................
DSCF4500.JPG
DSCF4501.JPG
All the parts are cleanly moulded - the attachment points aren't too big, they just look so, on small parts. No sink marks, flash or obvious part lines.
One thing that I'm not sure about is the figures having cartridge pouches ( W15 ) for rifle ammunition. I'm pretty sure that the MG team had enough to carry, without rifles as well, & they wouldn't need the pouches.
77.jpg
22irapr17.jpg
The ICM British Vickers MG team have revolvers as personal weapons & some of the Huns seem to have holsters..................
I have two bases that I've printed, I'll have to dry fit the figures & mg to see which looks best.
DSCF4498.JPG
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Glad you feel able to return to the bench. Looks a nice kit. Detail seems nice and crisp.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Off and gluing! First off is the complicated mount ( the MG could be dragged on this to ease tansportation! ) the instructions need careful study & it doesn't help that some of the pins are too large for the hoes! Whem I get the height sorted, I'll have to add CA to the joints, as it's delicate to say the least!
DSCF4514.JPG
Legs & torsos assembled, so I can get an idea of how much space they willtake up on the base..................
DSCF4516.JPG
Parting lines? or just a super smart trouser crease?
Lay out on the base both crew members are kneeling, so they will fit, with plenty of space. I'll have to texture up the flat part of the base - maybe mud, or partially grassy, I don't know
DSCF4517.JPG
The British Vickers team has one man prone, so they will need to be on a slightly larger base..............
Limiting my benchtime to an hour a day at the moment, and if I feel any twinges in the hand, I'll rest it for a day
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Best laid plans & all that............................ I decided that I'd finally unclog my 3D printer, as it needs two hands, which proved more complicated than I thought - and in doing so I've managed to regain a twinge in my right hand, so I've been off the bench for a few days, it's a little stiff, but no pain.
On the plus side the 3D printer is now mumbling away to itself................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Back tothe bench - although, this is very light work
DSCF4521.JPG
All the major bits done - missing are the arms & hands, they'll be positioned when I get the machine gun sited. The base will needsome texture added, and I think I'll have to carve a groove in the sandbags for the mg mount. The pickelhaubes come from the ICM German 1914 infantry set. I'll be shaking a primer bottle shortly.................
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Dave, that gun assembly looks a bit**.Some very small parts .
At least they look clean .