IJN Yukikaze.

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Friend's.

I thought I would show another that I completed this year.

This is the Tamiya kit with WEM etched set...1/350.

DSCF1482.JPG

DSCF1487.JPG

DSCF1489.JPG

DSCF1490.JPG

P

phikoleoputra

great work mate, I envy your skill :eek::eek: you make everything looks great whether it's figures, ships, or other subjects

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
great work mate, I envy your skill :eek::eek: you make everything looks great whether it's figures, ships, or other subjects
Thank you so much Leo.Your comments bring a smile to my face:smiling3:

\ said:
Cracking work Ralph, superb layout really gives a sense of movement.
Thanks so much Si, :smiling3: .I tried a new way to do the sea and to be honest I really like it,though next time I will try and make the bow wave a bit tighter.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great work Ralph in all aspects. Amazing how you've done the sea and the waves that's an art in itself.

Well done cheers John

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
NIce action scene, and good job, cheers... ;)
Thanks Francis,much appreciate your comments.

\ said:
Great work Ralph in all aspects. Amazing how you've done the sea and the waves that's an art in itself.
Well done cheers John
Cheers John.Much appreciated.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice build Ralph. Plenty of movement going on.

Your observations about the bow wave are spot on. Also, another small point, perhaps the waves themselves could be at less of an angle from the hull, running a lot closer to the ship.

I hope you don't mind me making the above suggestion on what is already a superb action scene.

I do like a well presented ship and this fits the bill nicely. Here's to the next one.....

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Very nice build Ralph. Plenty of movement going on.
Your observations about the bow wave are spot on. Also, another small point, perhaps the waves themselves could be at less of an angle from the hull, running a lot closer to the ship.

I hope you don't mind me making the above suggestion on what is already a superb action scene.

I do like a well presented ship and this fits the bill nicely. Here's to the next one.....
Thanks for your comments,Much appreciated.

I don't mind in the least about your suggestion,in fact it is very helpful. :smiling3: .Always good to get someone else's perspective.

I have a few ship kit's in the stash and will do another one soon.

Ralph.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Thanks for your comments,Much appreciated.
I don't mind in the least about your suggestion,in fact it is very helpful. :smiling3: .Always good to get someone else's perspective.

I have a few ship kit's in the stash and will do another one soon.

Ralph.
Phew, sometimes I feel I'm walking on eggshells giving, as I see it, well meant advise and help.

Ralph, a good point of reference is Google Images. I use this a lot, particularily when doing waves and general sea stuff. Take a look at 'ship's wakes' for some great pictures of wave motion. Could be of some help for your next marine model.

Ron

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work,Ralph,do like the waves and moment it give to the ship,and great job on that,

very nicely done ,with color and weathering, ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
great work,Ralph,do like the waves and moment it give to the ship,and great job on that,
very nicely done ,with color and weathering, ;)
Thank you Monica,your support is always appreciated.

\ said:
Great looking ship and base,very dynamic!
Thank you Trey,much appreciated.

\ said:
Great work Ralph, must be very hard doing a Destroyer at 1/350. Derek
Thank you Derek,much appreciated.

I had a few problems at times due to my own clumsiness.But definitely easier than 1/700.Still have a few 1/700 kits to do. :smiling3:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It is always nice to see a smaller Japanese warship, all too often it is always battleships.

And the fact it is beautifully done is even better.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is superbly done Ralph. Very clean, detailed and you really have captured the motion on the base. Cracking job.