Important announcement re summer gb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well it looks as if my calender is slow, or is in a totally different star system.

Seeing as you are all champing at the bit to get started, or have already started I see that I have no choice other than to say:

Sod the 1st July start date. Just get on with it.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good to see that public opinion can still sway our leaders!

I'm definitely in on this one,I just haven't settled on a photo........or model,obviously. Apart from that I'm good to go :D

Cheers

Steve

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ive been chomping at the bit for weeks now but im still waiting untill saturday.Rules are rules ah ah

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Good on you Ian! I am still waiting for a few bits, so I cant start even if I wanted to. It would be a bit daft to start before I have a cock pit and bang seat to put in it!!!!

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Ian ,Please accept my most humble apology do'nt know what I was thinking jumping the gun on the start like that. I've no excuse.sincerely Trey

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I'm in on this one i'm like Steve though, don't know what i'm going to do lol. Going to finish my Tiger build then it's all go from me.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Ian ,Please accept my most humble apology do'nt know what I was thinking jumping the gun on the start like that. I've no excuse.sincerely Trey
No problem Trey, dont worry about it. It was just because more people had started than there was waiting for the start date. Its all just for fun so not a real problem, just like to keep it fair so people know I am watching them!!!! lol

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
No problem Trey, dont worry about it. It was just because more people had started than there was waiting for the start date. Its all just for fun so not a real problem, just like to keep it fair so people know I am watching them!!!! lolIan M
Good to hear Ian,did'nt want to be put on time out! ;) !

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Please read this post!

It seems that there are some problems with finding a match between kits in the stash and Photographs of the exact self same subject.

Although the original intent was to try and get you to model a scene as depicted in the photo it would appear that this is proving to be too much of a challenge.

So the question to the members is this:

Should We lighten the grip a little and look away from serial numbers, ID codes, number plates and the like and worry about the machine its self. ie the right machine, in the right mk with the right paint (numbers aside).

I feel that this will maybe get a few others along for the ride. I am aware that not all are willing/able to buy, buy, buy all the time or do not have the things needed to print decals (although I am sure that 99.9% could wing it with some masking and a squirt of paint).

Lets hear what you have to say.

Ian M

A

andygh

I think you're right, it may be a good idea to let people "interpret" their photos

It's great to have a theme to work with but it becomes a chore if it all gets too serious

Personally I love modelling for the fun & relaxation, not the rules

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good points raised and I agree.

To make a model and a diorama exactly as the photo is going to be very hard to accomplish, no matter what the subject, so yes, let's go for an interpretation and get as close as we can to the picture.

As Andy points out , it's for fun.....

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Rule here with lifted.

Please do not abuse my kind heart and good will. Example a Spitfire Mk V with a wronge serial or Codes, is one thing. doing the scene with a mk XIII 'cause you had one in the stash is extracting the urine! Lol.

Ian M

Now get on with it.

PS Now I have just read the pinned thread opening this GB and I can not find any where were it says that the build has to be 100% as in the picture, far from it in fact.

Soooo Don't shoot me, it's you lot that have gotten hung up in the 100% accurate track. So there :tongue-out: :tongue-out:

:laughing:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good call,the more the merrier.

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks like I'm in then! Thanks folks. Now, where's my camera?

Gern

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
So i can't replace the Subaru Impreza with the Lada Riva in my build then?

Thank god for that, been looking for spectators for weeks lol, good call Ian.

Have fun, John