Industria Mechanika 1/35 The Hornethopter

O

OneSmallStep1966

Thank you everyone.

The body and legs are now mostly done, but I still need to finish the cockpit and haven't even started on the antennae and wings.

The assembly is quite fragile so I made a start on the mount in order to have somewhere to keep it safe (The mount will be a small vignette when finished).

Thanks for looking.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Norman
That second picture in particular is excellent, really shows off the insectoid lines of the beast....
Cheers
Tim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Norm have just caught up on this one, yes I managed to log in first time since Friday?.Stunning work and those eyes are superb. :thumb2:
Pete.

O

OneSmallStep1966

It's been so long since my last update that I imagine some of you might have thought I'd abandoned this build, but I haven't, its just that I've been mega busy at work with little free time to model :sad:

I did have a few hours spare today and painted the wings and cockpit controls, using the same technique for both, applying the colours and then gently sanding back the paint to reveal the raised photo etch details (see insert, before/after).

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Absolutely stunning work all round Norman, and those eyes !!! :surprised::surprised::surprised:.
Glad I found this.
John .