Industria Mechanika 1/35 The Hornethopter

O

OneSmallStep1966

I started work today on my next build, Industria Mechanika 1/35 The Hornethopter.

Removing / cleanup of the resin pour plugs was quick and easy and I finished up by filling a few minor blemishes on the casting (which is by and large fantastic).

The kit includes two very nicely detailed figures, so I'll have to up my figure-painting game on this build.

I have also decided to pin the leg joints (knee and thigh) to add strength and I also need to come up with a stronger solution to hold the wings (I don't think the 4 resin pins will take much to break).

Thanks for looking.

Pic02

O

OneSmallStep1966

How do you intend displaying it
Thanks Jim. I Haven’t made up my mind on the mount just yet, but I’m leaning towards having it flying over a grass base if some sort.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Oooh, very different! I like the stuff they produce! I'll be watching.

P

Polux

Watching!!!! Of course.....:tongue-out3::tongue-out3::tongue-out3:

Mmmm....you will try to add some kind of light on the eyes...? Should be a really cool detail!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real do,like these,s will be watching with interest,nice start as well,:smiling::thumb2:

O

OneSmallStep1966

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Progress on this build has been slower than I'd like, mostly due to work and other DIY jobs in the house :unamused:, but I stole a little time this weekend to get everything primed in Mr. Surfacer 1200 (thinned 50:50 with Mr. Hobby Self Levelling Thinner) and started the colour scheme I've been thinking about for a while.

I'm aiming for a steampunk finish that resembles a real Hornet but keeps everything metal, so no coloured paint.
Here I've used Mr. Metal Color paints, Copper for the main body and head, Brass in place of yellow and Iron on the plates separating the top panels.
These will be randomly buffed to create tonal differences in the panels, and I will also use AK Jet Exhaust to create shadows where needed.

I would welcome any feedback on if this colour scheme is working or should I rethink it?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
hi Norman
I think the sceme will work, but will need a little shading and weathering patination to bring out the texture and break up the colour slightly. Great stuff so far by the way...
Cheers
Tim

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good,Norman ,do real like the color sceme ,your working to,:smiling:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Wacky but kind of neat - personally I think that the brass / dark grey would look good right to the back of the upper surfaces for the full hornet look with dark grey / brass head and keep the copper for the underside panels

But what do I know - it's your model

Whatever, looks like a nice smooth paint finish

O

OneSmallStep1966

But what do I know - it's your model
Not at all, that’s why I asked the question because I wasn’t 100% happy with it and I’m very greatful for your feedback.
I’m going to re-think and modify it slightly :thumb2: