interesting, atmospheric pictures.

R

rogue-one

hi there folks. i have taken some interesting and atmospheric pictures of my model and up-loaded them to my gallery. take a look and tell me what u think. i know, i know it's still my spitfire but i'm still building and painting my new model. thanks again for being so friendly on this great forum.

F

Fenlander

Nice work on the flying shots, looks just right Bobby, great work.

D

delmonteman

yeah, the flying one's look really good, however, you appear to be missing a pilot?!?

F

Fenlander

yeah, the flying one's look really good, however, you appear to be missing a pilot?!?
Naaa, just as the picture was taken, the pilot dropped his cigaret and reached down to retrieve it.... come on, we have all done it... well those that smoke/used to smoke anyway.....

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
... but he obviously didn't drop it on his lap! When that happens you arch your backside off the seat before the hot ciggie starts burning the more delicate parts of the anatomy. If the pilot was doing that, you'd see him nearly sticking his head through the top of the canopy! lol

Obviously, Graham knows how I know this!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice pictures Bobby, but what have you done?!!

A pilotless Spitfire is still on the Official Secrets List and is not supposed to be in the public domain until 2012, when one is going to fly over the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics.

You do realise you have broken the Official Secrets Act? I have no doubt you will be receiving a knock on your front door from some gentlemen with big coats and bulging midriffs very soon now.

May I suggest you go and hide in the Ibrox Stadium for a while, no one ever goes there so you should be allright, and you could live on Bovril!!!

:scotland:

Cheers, Ron

R

rogue-one

ha ha ha ha ha haaaa ha haaa, being a celtic supporter i found that last comment to be genius. good on ya spanner. he he he. as for the pilot, he had taken some gun fire and small fire had started at the floor of of the cockpit and he had to lean down to quickly put it out. it was a close shave but afterwards he did a full loop and came back on the enemy, gunning down his target with fear and panic. i witnessed the whole thing.

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great photos bobby, we dont see nearly enough aircraft models in the flying pose, always looks good with a nice sky too. cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Great photos bobby, we dont see nearly enough aircraft models in the flying pose, always looks good with a nice sky too. cheers tony
That's 'cos there ain't nearly enough manufacturer's puttin' pilot figures in their kits! We can't ALL imagine they've dropped ciggies or are puttin' out small fires!

Gern

R

rogue-one

yeah, thats right! i did find it a bit anoying that the 1/24 scale kit has a pilot but the 1/48 scale doesn't. no surprised the 1/72 scale doesn't but they could squeeze one in the 1/48.

R

rogue-one

cheers martin. my next model is a russian KV-1 tank. and i'm not sure but if i can i might try and make a wee diorama with it for this eastern front group build.

Last edited:
B

bikerbart

Excellent Bobby, looking forward to that. I cant wait for the GB, will be my first one, see ya there for that, regards Martin :smiling: