Discussion in 'Civilian Cars Under construction' started by kpnuts, Feb 10, 2016.
Hi all here is tonight's bit
Hi all well now the big Citroen is done I've promised myself I will finish this to add another stalled build to the finished pile.
I'm not sure why I put the engine in the chassis as it was not finished there is some pipework I hadn't added as you can see from this first pic
I really like the wheels on this kit, although they are a bit too shiney.
I think they look better now.
Hi all here's the next update the four breather holes in the hood were added after the speed run so I've filled them
The next problem I thought I might have was that the name mefistofeles is in black and with a black car obviously I would need to make a negative of it, however luckily enough the name was added after the run so it is not a problem after all.
The lettering was stark white so I've dulled it down a bit
Need to do a bit more research apparently it may have had 2 seats in the record run.
Hi all there would have been quite a big update on this, I'm starting to wonder if there is somthing wrong with me, I dropped it (this must be a dozen I've dropped in the last year) thing is I don't know why I dropped it I was about to put a screw in and next thing I knew it was on the floor (fortunately not too much damage ) but some thin bits of plastic may need replacing with copper wire, I'm starting to worry maybe I've got dropsy or something.
That's only one drop per month, nothing to worry about there!
Hi all well I've fixed it up a bit, here's the next update.
A magnificent beast!!
Just caught up with this Ken
Your doing a fantastic job on the build so far,love the detail looks great
What a magnificent beast of a model Ken! You are, in my opinion, a superb modeler, come on leaps and bounds. Top work mate, I really mean that.
Thanks si I take that as a real compliment coming from you.
Hi all here's an update on this, I think the kit exhaust is toooo shiney,
Sooo, mask up the exhaust straps
Spray with hairspray then sprinkle talcum powder on it
Respray with hairspray and then sprinkle on some salt
I think it looks much more realistic now
Hi all, well after CC's kind ref pics I've amended the exhaust to look more like the pics.
That's looking superb Ken. Your tyres look very convincing, the engine superb. Nice work so far.
Looks really nice, i like the tip on texturing the exhaust. Ive just bought some texturimg powder and glue from a new polish (i think) company but i will keep this in mind too
Hi all well the world record version had two seats so the co driver could use the pump to increase the fuel/air mix.
Here is my first attempt at the extra seat.
As you can plainly see it's rubbish, this was made with das modelling clay and I tried a few times with this (including trying to make a mould of the original but none were any good so I tried a different approach, i heated some 2 mil plastic and wrapped it round the seat, let that cool then heated some more and pushed inside that which (although not an exact copy gave me the shape of the seat) I then sanded and cut the sides to suit.
So here is the next version
And here they are installed, just a few more bits to do now.
Looking great. In fact, wait, yes I can hear the engine.
That's looking stunning Ken
nice work ken,
Thanks James for bringing this one back up.
That's looking fantastic Ken, and great work on the extra seat.
Separate names with a comma.