Italeri 1/12 Fiat Mefistofeles

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
First Name
Marc
I agree on the comments above. I haven't been able to get any more time on the aston build, two young kids, two businesses to run i just do what i can when i can. In fact i prefer it this way as im more inclined to take my time when i actually do get some time on the bench. Ken please dont giveup.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I did say I would only do a start and finish post, but this is such a big build, and I get so little build time now that I think I will post an engine finished post probably tomorrow, if not it may be months, or in the case of my ship builds years before I post any more progress builds

S

sparts

Hi Ken,I've just found this post but as I know next to nothing about plastic kit modelling I can't really post any other comment apart from it looks brilliant and keep it up.

The majority of models on here are unbelievable in the quality of workmanship and I would one day love to be able to be half as good.

Dave

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I was shown some photos of this on it world speed run by Dominic Beerts and as well as being black the rear of the car was higher and the 4 breather holes weren't there so I've raised the back by 10 mill now I just have to lower the skirt by 10 mill. Here are some pics, lots more to do.

1zbgruq.jpg

97qnfn.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice surgery Ken , its always good to have an actual photograph of your chosen subject , just shows that kit makers dont always get it 100% right. That engine looks amazing , I can almost hear that long lazy thumping stroke of this massive motor!! cheers tony

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Tony the model in the box is based on the car in the museum which was changed after the world speed record for racing.

D

Deleted member 4539

This is coming along really well.

I do like all the addition's to the engine makes it look like..well more of an engine:smiling3:.

Looking forward to seeing more.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well back off hols with renewed energy, oh dear, there is something weird with the plastic on this kit, the paint I'm using I usually (on other models anyway) I can get off with meths, I didn't like the look of this so I thought I would remove it and start again, I started brushing it off using meths and it started melting the plastic? 
jq55i1.jpg

I put some plastic from another kit in the meths along with a piece of sprue from this kit over night, as you can see the ItalarI sprue has dissolved completely

287dlxt.jpg

And the other sprue as you can see is completely untouched
2eev9kk.jpg

Don't know what to do now, if I sand it out I will loose the rivet detail, all I can think of is to do a what if and have it as a derelict in a barn now, any suggestions.

A

Ace

Hello, I have enjoyed reading through this build and think you're doing a fantastic job on it. Bummer about the paint. I wonder, if you sanded off the rivet detail, could you make new rivets out of pin heads or something? 

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well you probably think this is dead but no, I never really give up on anything, got it back out of storage, first thing I noticed I didn't store it very well.

vdq2j7.jpg

Both levers snapped off (no biggie but annoying to say the least)

As I've been informed by von trips most of the rivet detail was added after the alterations post run and there are very few pics pre run so who's to say the rivets were even there, I've tried to make it not to shiny (surprising how difficult that is, I didn't want satin just not super glossy like modern paint jobs) I'm happy with the finish at the moment.

Anyway here it is at the moment the ass is raised 10 mill added 10 mill skirts.

2lnzshs.jpg

s6qijq.jpg

s6qijq.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Here's what I've done today, the trouble with stopping a build and coming back several months later is you can't remember where you got to, after hours of scanning the instructions (well an hour or so) (another reason to follow the instruction order) I've decided now since I have no idea where I was upto I will go by the instructions now, anyway I've fixed the broken levers (not drilled them out as I think that is why they broke off in the first place)
I think the decals on the rear are very white any suggestions how to subtlety dull them down or something, they do look out of place.
192iyo.jpg

2d0exz5.jpg

11c5mdx.jpg

Incidentally this must have been huge, I've put it on top of the 1/8 traction avant and there is little to choose length wise between them, considering the Fiat is 1/12 the actual thing must have been huge,I mean the traction was not small by today's standards and was a 4 seater.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's looking awesome Ken...... I've wanted this kit for ages. Just can't justify the cost. I'll just have to watch you do it.

D

Deleted member 3568

Was a Christmas present last year mate, I stopped it as I'm crap at this and was having an even worse period but now I'm back to just crap I got it out again it is a good kit despite the bad reviews it gets, it would be a good build oob , if you get the money it's well worth it, I would put it up with the traction avant (maybe not as many parts) but the quality is good, let's face it there's not much out there 1/12 or 1/8 that you're average mortal can afford.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here is a little update (been wrapping Christmas presents today and will be for the next week or so, so not much modeling time)
qrgcvk.jpg

289etxf.jpg

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Smashing, love this kit, lust this kit, want this kit..........:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: