Italeri 1/72 UH 5

B

Builder

It is looking very good Bob
real nice work Bob,looking good,so far,;)
nice work bob
Very nice work Bob. Good subtle effects from your preshading.

Thanks all, also Steve I included you in this as it was your advice that led me to the Copic pen, which has really helped my build here.

Here is the final update. The model is almost complete only have the matte coat left to fully dry.

So using Tamiya Panel line Accent and also more specifically a Copic Multiliner with 0.03mm tip I did up all the panel lines. I also did up the decals as well. I would like to thank Steve Brodie, as he was the one who used this pen on his 1/48 Tamiya Type 10 Tank, and told me a bit more about it, so I went out and got some.

I then used a comercial matte coat to coat the entire model, which really is a sheen finish, as I prefer a sheen finish on this helo rather than a matte finish.

Here she is whilst the matte coat is drying

Now will do some final touch ups tomorrow and have photos taken. Once again Steve, if your reading this thanks for showing us the Copic pen mate, it has worked a treat.

I hope you all liked the build, all comments welcome.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice work,Bob,the pens do the trick,with the panel lines,looks great very well done,;)

B

Builder

real nice work,Bob,the pens do the trick,with the panel lines,looks great very well done,;)

Thanks Monica

The kit is complete

20170204_103607_RichtoneHDR_zpsehunyrvr.jpg

Final Reveal Video

Many more photos in the Completed Aircraft - > Completed Helicopters Section here

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/italeri-1-72-wessex-uh-5.27847/

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I'm only viewing on my phone, but even on this tiny screen it looks great. Well done.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks all, also Steve I included you in this as it was your advice that led me to the Copic pen, which has really helped my build here.

Here is the final update. The model is almost complete only have the matte coat left to fully dry.

So using Tamiya Panel line Accent and also more specifically a Copic Multiliner with 0.03mm tip I did up all the panel lines. I also did up the decals as well. I would like to thank Steve Brodie, as he was the one who used this pen on his 1/48 Tamiya Type 10 Tank, and told me a bit more about it, so I went out and got some.

Your Welcome, glad they worked and the Model looks great !!

First Name
Stuart
That looks superb Bob, the detail is spot on.
I have never used those pens for panel lines but the effect is great might have to give it a go.
Great build