Italerie Ju87 Stuka B2

A

Awins

Has anyone here built this kit. It has good detail. Started off with cockpit but as the build has progressed the fit has slowly got worse. I was wondering if anyone else had experianced any fit issues with this kit. Cheers

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm I hope not. this is meant to be a good kit.
There is a Stuka GB coming along after the New Year, I dare say your question will be clearly answered then. Either there will be loads of great fit, loverly kit or a whole bunch of cussing! 

D

dubster72

A quick Google search reveals that many people have had fit problems with this kit Alan. Some report the cockpit sidewalls can be troublesome, but most say that the cowling fit is enough to make grown men cry! 

I'm hoping their Kanone Vogel isn't as bad coz that's what I'm planning to build in the Stuka GB. 

A

Awins

A quick Google search reveals that many people have had fit problems with this kit Alan. Some report the cockpit sidewalls can be troublesome, but most say that the cowling fit is enough to make grown men cry! 

I'm hoping their Kanone Vogel isn't as bad coz that's what I'm planning to build in the Stuka GB. 

Grown men cry indeed. I spent over an hour trying to get the best possible alignment with that cowling. Dare say yet more filler and sanding will be required here.

It really is a shame as the detail is really good in my opinion.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I quite fancied this kit, I might have to look for something else. It bugs me when 'new' tool kits play up like this.

A

Awins

I quite fancied this kit, I might have to look for something else. It bugs me when 'new' tool kits play up like this.

Airfix have just release their 1/48 there is an article about it in December issue of Airfix model magazine. It looks good. I may even have a go at this if the Italerie dosnt finish to well!