I've had another crack at a free hand spray camo

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm pretty pleased with this one being only my second attempt at spray camo , yes it's out of scale but I don't think it looks too bad so much so I finished it and I'm building a base for it 

here's some pics comments welcome 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys at least I know I'm in the ball park

ive based it up now and I'm just waiting for the dust effect to dry and it will be done 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks spot on Al, doesn't look out of scale at all mate, suits the vehicle lines perfectly.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looks spot on Al, doesn't look out of scale at all mate, suits the vehicle lines perfectly.

Cheers mate , I think if this was 1/1 it would be about 200/300 metres away if your two three feet away so you wouldn't see the feathered edges but I like it like this I mean if we painted models to scale they would just be a dark shape with no detail

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yep, there are guidelines for camo in the real world but scaling down you loose definition, so what is really boils down to is, do you like it? 

D

dubster72

Looks good to me Alan! Won't be long before you're tackling intricate 1/72 camo schemes ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Alan,turned out very well,a such a nice job,what I,like about free hand is the edge is some what softer ,

and not a harsh line, 9_9

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It certainly looks good to me. I would be well chuffed if it was mine. Must get an airbrush set up and have a go sometime.