Iwata Eclipse hp-cs

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Loving my new Iwata Eclipse airbrush, tried it out for the first time last night. Did have a bit of a panic at first as when connected the air hose up (via the quick release valve) as I had constant air going thru the airbrush, air increased as I pushed down, but just didn’t stop once I released the trigger. Swapped back to my old airbrush and worked fine. So decided to just try hooking straight into the hose and after a few pull backs and push downs it worked okay. I have to say I was sceptical as to what a £130 airbrush could do better than my £25 airbrush, but I found out last night. Its’ just so much more smoother, air stops instantly, the air coming out feels like the pressure it should and the spray – well wow, 1,000 times better and the coverage is ace, easy to control and get fine lines, something I couldn’t do before. Cleaning is a dream (also ordered some Ultimate model Airbrush cleaner), with the wide entry at the base of the cup and just a quick wipe with a brush on the nozzle and good to go again. One thing though, make sure you push thru a couple of drops of thinner after cleaning before adding the next cup of paint, if you don’t you get a bit of splatter to start as the cleaner is still trying to, well clean!. Made this mistake only once !.

IMG_1115.JPG IMG_1116.JPG IMG_1117.JPG

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have an eclipse with a 0.35mm needle which is great for fine lines as you say but it struggles with certain primers and varnishes. When I change colours I do the same as you and blow a few drops of thinner through before adding the new colour and then checking with a quick spray on a milk bottle.
I have had mine for several years now.