Jan - April 2016 Gb: Modern Jets. Chat Thread.

P

Polux

Modern Jets

The idea is build jets newer than 2000. And that means his “Introduction” service date .....not his “First Flight”.

Any country or Air Force! Free scale as well ;)

If you have any doubt....we have some expert members that will help you to say if your build is correct. If not....there is always the Wikipedia.... :P

Polux

Ps: if there aren’t enough kits or newer jets we can change the introduction date to the 1990....

P

phikoleoputra

Polux, can I use my JAS Gripen into this GB?

Introduction: 1997

Let me know please. Thanks

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux, can I use my JAS Gripen into this GB?
Introduction: 1997

Let me know please. Thanks
Hi Leo!

Well....there are no takers on this GB (and the others :P ), only Ian and Tony....so I will admit those three years of difference ;)

Hope you build this model soon, and join in as well :smiling3:

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Hi Leo!
Well....there are no takers on this GB (and the others :P ), only Ian and Tony....so I will admit those three years of difference ;)

Hope you build this model soon, and join in as well :smiling3:
OK I'm currently building it, so I will join in then. Thanks Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking forward to seeing the Gripen Leo , and Polux - i promise i'll get some work done on mine soon!! cheers tony

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Hi Polux, I may have asked this already so apologies.

What does sig and ssig mean?

Really want to get involved with one of these at some stage.

Cheers

Phil

P

Polux

\ said:
Looking forward to seeing the Gripen Leo , and Polux - i promise i'll get some work done on mine soon!! cheers tony
Hi Leo!

I moved your thread to the "Modern Jets GB Section".....

Thanks

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi Polux, I may have asked this already so apologies.
What does sig and ssig mean?

Really want to get involved with one of these at some stage.

Cheers

Phil
Good morning Phil!

Ian created these two new GB time ago. :smiling3:

The SIG means Special Interest Group, and you have 6 months to build your project.

The SSIG (Super Special Interest Group) is exactly the same, but on this one you have an entire year to work!!

You can see the calendar on this thread, anyway, if you have any other question, please, let me know!!!

Hope this help you

Polux

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have this in the loft so I'm tempted to join in, however I am behind with other builds and lost a lot of modelling time to a dose of food poisoning and a foreign business trip - I still have a Hawk to finish before the end of last year!

WP_20160124_18_31_27_Pro.jpg

P

Polux

Remains a lot of time yet Rich.....don't worry!

If you want to join in, you will be more than welcome :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I have this in the loft so I'm tempted to join in, however I am behind with other builds and lost a lot of modelling time to a dose of food poisoning and a foreign business trip - I still have a Hawk to finish before the end of last year!
View attachment 144296
I'd like to see you build it Rick

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
View attachment 144296
Join in mate!!!! The more the merrier

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I will have to pass on this I think, I just don't have the time to finish what I already have on the go let alone start another kit. I'd really like to join the Mig-21 build later this year so passing this up should give me the chance to catch up. I'm watching you all though!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

It is a long time since I built an aircraft and the only modern(ish) A-6 Intruder which is too old. Any suggestions as to what I could get to join in as I know nothing.....

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
It is a long time since I built an aircraft and the only modern(ish) A-6 Intruder which is too old. Any suggestions as to what I could get to join in as I know nothing.....
Another Eurofighter Typhoon!

F-22 Raptor

F-35

A380

A350

Boeing 787, 747-8, P-8 Poseidon

There's not a great deal to choose from.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Graham theres still a few more modern obes that are a bit more obscure . J10 , j20 , jf 17 , jl9 , from the chinese or the su34 and t50 from the russians .as rick points out too lets not forget the civilian side of things or some of the military uav's , tony

P

Polux

For me is one of the most interesting GB this year..

Usually all the models are WWII theatre...

So if there is someone with a 90", you can join in as well!!

F

Fenlander

The SU 34 looks a nice option. Italeri do a 1/72 which, knowing these aircraft from a huge 1/48 I built ages ago, will still be a fair size. Not sure how accurate it is but so long as it looks like the type, it will do for me. Trouble is, there is a photo etch set and a resin cockpit for the kit too...... Oh dear Tony, what have you done...... ;)