Jesus why does this keep happening to me!!! Another Lanc' has crep't up

I

ian lanc

I finished this yesterday! Its the Tamiya 1/48th Avro Lancaster made as ''Just Jane'' the Lanc' which is kept at East Kirkby in Lincolnshire.

Last but not by all means least ''Big Sister Is Watching Over Baby Jane''

Thanks for looking.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And what a nice pair!

Lovely build(s)

(I just wish people would stop wafting these very tempting Lancs under my nose).

Ian M

A

AVB99

Amazing work Ian! In particular, the 4th last image looking at the undercarriage, could be real! Stunning skills.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow realy nice pair , the BOB flight flew over house today :smiling3:

Just one question , why is the lettering on the starboard side different to the port side ?

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Wow realy nice pair , the BOB flight flew over house today :smiling3: Just one question , why is the lettering on the starboard side different to the port side ?
One side is for 57 Squadron DX*C and the other side is for 630 Squadron - LE*C, both flew from East Kirkby.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
One side is for 57 Squadron DX*C and the other side is for 630 Squadron - LE*C, both flew from East Kirkby.
Oh right I thought it may have Been somthing like that :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Lovely job Ian as always. There's something a bit menacing about the .50 cals in that rear turret!

Lancasters are like Spitfires in one respect, you can never have too many of them :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

Ian you must have built more than were in fact built !

Very nice & I take it all painted with a brush. Not sure how you do that to get what you finish up with. Remarkable.

Matter of interest. I put on my Lanc. as part of the aerial system a connection from the long lines from the cockpit a short vertical branch which connected below the cockpit on to the fueselage. With your knowledge of this aircraft Ian is this on some & not on other Marks ?

Laurie

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Matter of interest. I put on my Lanc. as part of the aerial system a connection from the long lines from the cockpit a short vertical branch which connected below the cockpit on to the fueselage. With your knowledge of this aircraft Ian is this on some & not on other Marks Laurie
Hi Laurie,

Those two short sections of wires have yet to be added, just waiting for the main wires to fully dry

before I start touching the long wires, don't want those wires to ping/snap whilst trying to attach

the short wires.

Holes are already drilled in the little block on the fuselage, ready and waiting.

The two short wires are on every Lanc', they are just hard to be seen on actual photo's.

Ian.

T

tecdes

Thanks Ian. Just that I told some one else recently about these short pieces & wondered if I was wrong in thinking I was giving out duff info. ie are they on all Lancs.

Laurie