Joe's 1/72 F-4C Phantom II (Rick's Phantom GB)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hasegawa 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-4C Phantom II completed in the scheme of 57th Fighter Intercept Squadron, "The Black Knights of Keflavik", based in Iceland, 1976, the year of the US Bicentennial during which many US military aircraft wore special schemes.

The F-4C replaced the F-102 with the 57th FIS from 1973, and was replaced by the later F-4E Phantom from 1978. The F-4 Phantom's service with the 57th FIS came to an end in the mid-80s when the squadron re-equipped with the F-15 Eagle. The 57th FIS itself was inactivated in 1995.

Build thread can be found here: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/joes-1-72-f-4c-phantom-ii.27111/

57thFIS.jpg

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice and tidy Joe. I wonder if the three colour camo' scheme is the best finish for Phantoms ? It gets my vote.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice and tidy Joe. I wonder if the three colour camo' scheme is the best finish for Phantoms ? It gets my vote.

I like this colour scheme too, it's making me look longingly at the Eduard Da Nang Phantom in my stash, but I have a build plan to try and keep to. I think the RAF AD grey scheme just shades it for me though.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a great build Joe and colourful scheme with the checker board tail. Thanks for taking part in this GB and I look forward to your Lightning build.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I wonder if the three colour camo' scheme is the best finish for Phantoms ? It gets my vote.
Mine too Colin, it just looks business-like

Phantastic work there Joe
Phanks Ian

Super job Joe. Good job on the camo mate.
Cheers Bob

That's a great build Joe and colourful scheme with the checker board tail. Thanks for taking part in this GB and I look forward to your Lightning build.
Thanks for facilitating the GB Rick, it was enjoyable. Glad you like the scheme, you might have to sneak the Da Nang kit into your list

D

dubster72

An excellent Phantom Joe! It looks bigger than 1/72, a definite sign of class.

Quite interesting that I've just re-read Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy where the Black Knights are featured :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
An excellent Phantom Joe! It looks bigger than 1/72, a definite sign of class.

Quite interesting that I've just re-read Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy where the Black Knights are featured :smiling3:

Haven't hear dof that book Patrick, must look for it one day. Thanks for the comments :smiling3:

That's a great build Joe.
I love the Icelandic scheme mate ;)

Thank you Polux, appreciate it

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb joe, i love the seac scheme and the quality of the build is first class , as patrick says it looks bigger than 1/72 , top work mate , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic job done on this from start to finish,nice tidy job looks really good .
Top work Joe
Thanks Stuart, I appreciate your comments

Superb joe, i love the seac scheme and the quality of the build is first class , as patrick says it looks bigger than 1/72 , top work mate , cheers tony
Cheers Tony! I sense a SEA scheme in your near future...