(Johns)1:24 Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-5/A-6

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi folks another skirmish with the airfix 109 this evening.After many close fought rounds I just scraped through on points I think. :eek:

Undercarriage fitted and wings clued together almost! Thank heaven for super clue masking tape stretched sprue and tamiya thin and lots of patience :mad: To protect my sanity I've called it a night and I'm off to bed and will return tomorrow for the rematch. Thanks for looking in any any comments cheers John View attachment 121556

View attachment 121557

View attachment 121558

View attachment 121559

View attachment 121560

View attachment 121561

View attachment 121562

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dubster72

The boy done good! I'd love a big 190, but the poor fit puts me off - you've shown it CAN be done John :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This is looking fantastic now John , you deserve a medal the size of a frying pan for bashing this dog into shape!!! Looking at it now you cant imagine that it was a real nightmare (luckily we have the pics to prove it!) Its going to look great in the paint ,cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work John, it's looking great after you've beaten it into shape.

First Name
Dave
This is looking really good John.I can see a lot of work has gone into it so far.It looks to me as bad a fitting kit as the Airfix mkV Spitfire.

D

dubster72

Well done John, I knew you'd lick it into shape!

Can't wait to see the paint going down

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone I'm extremely happy to say the war is over and the 190 is now finished and will be appearing in the completed section shortly as soon as I get around to taking some pics. Anyone thinking about getting this kit think long and hard. From the cockpit to the cowling ring it's a really bad fit and also issues with the wings and a canopy problem. Lots of stretched sprue super glue tamiya thin tape clamps filler and heaps of patience all needed here so anyone with a short fuse give this one a wide birth;) I feel £20 is a fair price for this kit but don't pay anymore than £30. To those brave enough lots of deep breaths and plenty of swearing highly recommended.

Thanks for looking in

Thread now closed

See you in the completed section

Many thanks

John :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Please see completeted section

Many thanks John

Last edited by a moderator:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
wow looks superb great work on the cockpit and the paint job oh the paint job stunning work

D

dubster72

John! Please post this in the Completed Builds section coz otherwise I can't give it a much deserved GB gong!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
:smiling3:

\ said:
John! Please post this in the Completed Builds section coz otherwise I can't give it a much deserved GB gong!
As requested Patrick :smiling3: Thanks