John's GB suggestion for 2018- In tribute to Kurt Tank. The Focke Wulf 190 & Ta 152 GB

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Preferably in November to Dec, I would love to do a Fw 190 GB All variants included. This would range from the Fw 190A, F though to the Dora and Ta 152. I have three Fw 190D kits in 1/48 by Eduard, a JV 44 lmt edition kit and a Profipack D-9. Also just got a Zoukei Mura 1/48 Ta 152H-0.
All scales and manufacturers are welcome.
John

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John
This theme has already been done albeit a loooooong time ago! I think I'm right in saying that this was the very first GB the forum ever did.
It's a perennial favourite though so maybe?
Cheers
P

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I think it would be a great idea if everyone gets around it. Fw 190s and Ta 152s are really nice subjects.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would just chip in and say fine by me. The last Fw build we had, was indeed the first ever GB.
I am sure that those that took part in that one might have come on a bit id their skill sets and I know for sure there are a few new tool kits out there since then, And dont even talk about extras! I saw the most divine engine for an Fw, one of Eduards Brassin jobs.
I say go for it John. And I hope that there are as many takers this time as there was for the first. Hell I might even do a German one this time....Go then put my name down.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I am sorely tempted, a FW190 is on my list to do. But a two month build is a real challenge, I struggle with the timing on GBs. I missed the Stuka GB completely i took so long on the Mig21 GB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I am sorely tempted, a FW190 is on my list to do. But a two month build is a real challenge, I struggle with the timing on GBs. I missed the Stuka GB completely i took so long on the Mig21 GB.
I would think it could run longer than two months, but as John needs it to be Nov/Dec, it could maybe run to march or April ....

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

That's fine. It can be extended. Just state when. What I mean "in Nov-Dec" is that that is the time when I am building.
Have you got to build one of each ? or, one or the other ?
So will you do it?

Cheers, John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I would think it could run longer than two months, but as John needs it to be Nov/Dec, it could maybe run to march or April ....
Any suggestions for the time period? (Has to include Nov-Dec 2018)

So far, here is the list
John (Myself)
tr1ckey66 TBC
papa695
Ron (spanner570)
Ian (Ian M)
Dave (Dave) TBC
Polux

Cheers, John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Feel free to specify what Variant, kit and scale you are doing.
Cheers

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I don’t exactly know what version will be....
I suppose is needed to be a classic WWII markings, not?
You could do a captured version.....
As long as it was the Fw lineage by Kurt Tank
To give the slower builds some time why not 6 months September 2018 to end February 2019, then you time frame is in the middle.
Sounds good to me
John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Btw, aftermarket is all welcome. The more detail the better.
I won't be though as I will be doing the ZM 1-48 Ta 152H-0 which already is maxed out in terms of detail. I am just doing scratch building and Eduard seatbelts, and maybe a interior set.
John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Need about three more if the ones TBC will sign up. Come on! This would be great if it got moving...