July-Oct 2016 GB: Panzers WWII- Chat Thread.

P

Polux

Erhhhh......

No many things to comment there.... ;)   

Free scale and markings. 

Anyway, if any member has an idea to make this GB most interesting.....use this thread to comment your opinion or suggestion.

D

dubster72

Unsurprisingly I'm up for this one! Maybe my Dragon Panzer IV?

I do have an idea for a new project; an E-100 using masking stencils for a wild paint scheme. Trouble is, that doesn't really fit in with the WWII theme :sad:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Forgive my ignorance but by panzer do you mean a tank? Would a StugIII or a Tiger be acceptable?

D

dubster72

Forgive my ignorance but by panzer do you mean a tank? Would a StugIII or a Tiger be acceptable?

Any armoured fighting vehicle would be acceptable. Panzer is just a derivative of a German word for armour.

P

Polux

The person who propouse the GB leave the forum.......but I think his idea was german armour only. Not sherman and others.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The original poster said any panzer in any theatre ofWWII . THe only suggestion of it being German was the term Panzer, German for tank (armour).

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well I do think I ,can join in on this one,do have a Panzer or two, :D

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Polux

I've got a Panther project on the go at the moment and I wonder if I might tag along on this one. I may not finish them completely (I have a 1/16 Tamiya Panther G and 2 Dragon 1/35, type A and G but I do expect to have the builds done.

The 1/16 Pz IV I started is still ongoing and is (sort of) part of the same project.

I have some time at the moment to really crack on with this so hopefully I'll have something of interest here.

Basically if you like Panthers (Normandy era) then I think I'll be covering it.

Cheers

Paul

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i intend on joining in.....not sure when cos my build calendar is getting crowded.......and not sure what i shall build cos like monica i have more than a few in the stash  xD

D

dubster72

Hi Polux

I've got a Panther project on the go at the moment and I wonder if I might tag along on this one. I may not finish them completely (I have a 1/16 Tamiya Panther G and 2 Dragon 1/35, type A and G but I do expect to have the builds done.

The 1/16 Pz IV I started is still ongoing and is (sort of) part of the same project.

I have some time at the moment to really crack on with this so hopefully I'll have something of interest here.

Cheers

Paul

Normandy Panthers Paul, what's not to like? ;)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Normandy Panthers Paul, what's not to like?  ;)

You're preaching to the choir Patrick!

i promise that these builds will be finished, although I may not get round to painting them in the time. I will be concentrating on Panther details and variant differences as well as a quick 'how to' on Zimmerit application.

I will be starting on the 1st and hoping I can finish the builds within the month.

See you in the GB

Paul  O.o

P

Polux

Hi Polux

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul.

It's fine to me ;)

The GB's idea is build together....... :smiling3:  

D

dubster72

Just after some clarification, are 'paper panzers' allowed in this GB? I have a Trumpeter E-100 Super Heavy Tank that's wanting to be built ;)

TIA

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Patrick, I don't see that it matters what the panzer is made of, but it's only polite to await clarification from Polux.

Cheers,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Apologies for seeming flippant Patrick, I seem to have misunderstood your question. Having little knowledge of tanks, I genuinely presumed you meant it was a card model you wanted to build....

But going by Ian's post, I would presume this variant was a 'drawing board prototype'.........Me thick!

We must still await Polux's reply, mind.

D

dubster72

Apologies for seeming flippant Patrick, I seem to have misunderstood your question. Having little knowledge of tanks, I genuinely presumed you meant it was a card model you wanted to build....

But going by Ian's post, I would presume this variant was a 'drawing board prototype'.........Me thick!

We must still await Polux's reply, mind.

Don't worry Ron, with all these card models making an appearance it's a natural conclusion to reach! I built a few card models in my youth while flirting with railway layouts... never again!  o.O