Junkers Ju 87 G2 "kanonenvogel"

W

Wolfy

Hi

Started this Academy´s 1/72:nd scale Hans-Ulrich Rudel´s Stuka . Cockpit is ready and painted Lifecolor acrylic RLM 66 . I work cockpit OOB , just add Eduard seatbelts . Wings are glued to the fuselage , also bottom of the aircraft is painted RLM65 , but need´s to add one more layer paint .

I work now with the wing cannons . I scratsbuilt some pipes that those wouldn´t look so :lame: .

Cannons are painted RLM 65 , RLM 70 and black .

View attachment 16857

View attachment 16858

View attachment 16859

View attachment 16860

View attachment 16861

ju87.jpg

37mm.jpg

800 600 37mm.jpg

Cannons.jpg

cannons 2.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
HiStarted this Academy´s 1/72:nd scale Hans-Ulrich Rudel´s Stuka . Cockpit is ready and painted Lifecolor acrylic RLM 66 . I work cockpit OOB , just add Eduard seatbelts . Wings are clued to the fuselage , also bottom of the aircraft is painted RLM65 , but need´s to add one more layer paint .

I work now with the wing cannons . I scratsbuilt some pipes that those wouldn´t look so :lame: .

Cannons are painted RLM 65 , RLM 70 and black .
Sweet job Wolfy, love those Stuka's in any configeration,looking forward to your build, a realy nice start keep us up dated. Glenn

B

Bunkerbarge

Very nice looking interior, it will really look superb through that huge Stuka canopy.

W

Wolfy

\ said:
Sweet job Wolfy, love those Stuka's in any configeration,looking forward to your build, a realy nice start keep us up dated. Glenn
Thank you Glenn , try to do my best .

W

Wolfy

Canopy

I dipp the canopy in wax , let it dry one day and glued to the fuselage . Now masking job with Eduard mask´s .

View attachment 16862

Canopy.jpg

Last edited:
W

Wolfy

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

On the book behind your model there is a picture of a Stuka with the red and white snake along it's side. I remember making a Revel model of that in round about '82 when there were country wide power cuts and threats of petrol rationing etc. I remember putting that transfer on and the lights went out and I had to finish it by candle light! Great kit though, although it probably doesn't stack up against modern offerings. I seem to remember it being huge so it was probably 1/32nd or something.

W

Wolfy

\ said:
On the book behind your model there is a picture of a Stuka with the red and white snake along it's side. I remember making a Revel model of that in round about '82 when there were country wide power cuts and threats of petrol rationing etc. I remember putting that transfer on and the lights went out and I had to finish it by candle light! Great kit though, although it probably doesn't stack up against modern offerings. I seem to remember it being huge so it was probably 1/32nd or something.
Transfers went ok even that you have to do that in the candle light ?

Maybe one day i´ll try to do those large scale planes too !? Just have to practise these little ones first .

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
Transfers went ok even that you have to do that in the candle light ? Maybe one day i´ll try to do those large scale planes too !? Just have to practise these little ones first .
Transfer went on fine, one of those things that you couldn't stop once you had started it!!

D

Deleted member 81

\ said:
Transfers went ok even that you have to do that in the candle light ? Maybe one day i´ll try to do those large scale planes too !? Just have to practise these little ones first .
Looking very good Wolfy, I like it! regards Glenn

W

Wolfy

Footholds !

Somehow i lost both fuselage footholds :bravo: !!!!

Well , glad i have good book , which have 1/72:nd scale drawings . . now we need few snatch of styrene and lot´s of nerves . . . :fish2:

That´s the end of thinking build this model OOB !

View attachment 16908

View attachment 16909

Jalustin.jpg

Jalustin 2.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

An interesting kit this one. I've not seen the yellow flashes before, they make the model stand out from the crowd a bit.

Thanks for all the pictures, great model. One of the best things about a Stuka model, you don't have to decide whether you want the undercarriage up or down!!

W

Wolfy

\ said:
An interesting kit this one. I've not seen the yellow flashes before, they make the model stand out from the crowd a bit.Thanks for all the pictures, great model. One of the best things about a Stuka model, you don't have to decide whether you want the undercarriage up or down!!
Thank you . . . I think Academy done very good job in this model , it cost 8€ and it´s best money/value in this scale . I have couple D and B -Stukas Fujimi boxes waiting and both cost 10€ each , then i have Special Hobby A-Stuka which cost 20€ , but there´s photoetched parts with it . Those landing gears also gives the Stuka balanced look .

W

Wolfy

Decals and washing

So many mistakes done . . . again :sadcry:. . . upper green color is too dark , i should add white about 30% , now there´s only 7-10% . Well , i try to use MIG-pigments to fix that . Now it´s sunday and i can´t get anywhere those MIG-product´s , so that have to wait bit longer .

Academy´s decals were wrong size in the fuselage , i put those anyway . I wash whole model terpentin and Marie´s oil color raw umber and yellow ochre mixture .

Maybe next Stuka is closer real one then this one , feels like wanna do :crash:

View attachment 16919

View attachment 16920

Stuka.jpg

Stuka 2.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

I wouldn't worry, it still looks good and that wash, especially underneath works really well.

I've been waiting for you to remove the masking on the canopy for some time now!