Junkers Ju87B-2 ‘Stuka’ Scale 1/24

P

Polux

Yep!! :smiling3:

I cannot post any photo of the material, yesterday a "super nova" storm :D left all my little village without phone line :sad: . Now I'm posting with the I-Phone :confused:

This afternoon I have gone to the city and bought the needed paints (RLM 71 and RLM 72), and tape mask..not one, two!!! :smiling3:

Seems tomorrow I will can return to this one again!

See you tomorrow ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Any info on that last picture? The Ju 87 looks to be 'under new management'.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Any info on that last picture? The Ju 87 looks to be 'under new management'.Cheers

Steve
Sorry Steve, the only information with the photo, was that it was Captured in 'Saltzburg Austria 1945'

Gregg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Sorry Steve, the only information with the photo, was that it was Captured in 'Saltzburg Austria 1945'Gregg
Thanks, I'll have a dig. Thing is Salzburg was 'liberated' by the Americans and those guys don't look American.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Thanks, I'll have a dig. Thing is Salzburg was 'liberated' by the Americans and those guys don't look American.Cheers

Steve
The quote was the one I took off the photo, on a F/B based Luftwaffe group!

Gregg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The bloke on the right looks American but the others look British to me. Maybe tank crews?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Found this information for that Stuka photo:

From ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-Captured-German-Stuka-Tank-Buster-40mm-Airplane-Salzburg-Austria-Photo-/321220539352

This medium format photographic print was taken by Ssgt M. Srok, a US Army Air Corps photographer with the 90th Photographic Wing (Reconnaissance)... .. SSGT M. SROK ("Skee" to his friends) was an avid photographer before he joined the war effort and contributed his photographer's knowledge in recording events for the military. He was stationed in North Africa in 1943 at La Marsa, Tunisia with the 90th Photographic Wing (Reconnaissance) in 1943 where his photos show captured German soldiers on the train to their containment camp. His unit continued providing aerial photo recon work as the Allies crossed the Mediterranean through Sicily and into Italy. In Italy, stationed at San Severo Airfield with the Twelfth Air Force reconnaissance unit (still with the 90th Photographic Wing (Reconnaissance), he continued a photographic recordation of the war itself and its impact on the local civilian population through 1943 and for the first half of 1944. His assignment to Italy where his photos show daily life at the 12th Air Force Base at San Severo, more photos show the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius during the period of March 19th, 1944, the allied assault of Mt. (Monte) Cassino with focus on New Zealand artillery units, the Operation Dragoon allied air drop of British paratroopers into Southern France during on August 15, 1944, and photos of captured German aircraft (including the German Me 262 jet aircraft) at Pilsen Field, Czechoslovakia in May 1945.

http://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/germany/aircrafts-2/junkers-ju87-stuka/junkers-ju-87-g-captured-tank-buster-salzburg-austria/

P

Polux

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Found this information for that Stuka photo:
Good stuff Joe. Good to know that the photographer was with elements of the US Army.

I agree that the guys wearing berets, the one with boots/gaiters and particularly the guy in the Battle Dress top look like British or Commonwealth troops, but I'm no expert. We'll probably never know who they were.

Looking good Polux. Excellent job on the splinter camouflage, I know what a pain it can be, specially on the fuselage.It certainly looks like an aircraft that has seen some service and these Ju 87s did work hard.

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

Yeah! That's my intention Steve :smiling3:

My Stuka is a survivor!!! All the summer campaign and now the winter one :D

I don't know who was the "best" Stuka pilot during the war, but now will be mine :smiling3: :smiling3:

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Polux this has been a joy to watch and I can't wait for the completed photos :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Molt bo el meu amic

Or something like that.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful work Polux. It sure looks like it has been weathered and a real veteran!

Re the photo again, FYI. If you open a new window and drag the photo into Google images onto the camera symbol it comes up with similar photos and you can narrow your search down considerably from there. Not always effective but an easy way to conduct a search rather than typing in long winded search criteria.