Just gonna park this Ju88 here...

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That look really good. I like a touch (or more) of weathering. How was the Revell, recommended ?

R

Rupert Carss

That look really good. I like a touch (or more) of weathering. How was the Revell, recommended ?
The kit is really good. It's a reboxed ICM moulding of the Ju88 A4. Cockpit detail is great and although I used the decal seatbelts, there are other aftermarket options.
What's great is that this kit once built, feels really solid and not overly fragile. Undercarriage is strong and the tailwheen is a chunky one piece moulding that's not going to let you down.
There's options for 2 variants but there are no swastikas with the kit. The ones on this kit are from leftovers.
Would definitely recommend.

A

Awins

The kit is really good. It's a reboxed ICM moulding of the Ju88 A4. Cockpit detail is great and although I used the decal seatbelts, there are other aftermarket options.
What's great is that this kit once built, feels really solid and not overly fragile. Undercarriage is strong and the tailwheen is a chunky one piece moulding that's not going to let you down.
There's options for 2 variants but there are no swastikas with the kit. The ones on this kit are from leftovers.
Would definitely recommend.
Beautifully built kit there,well done.
You say it's a re boxed ICM kit, would you have the Revell kit number as I am looking to build a 1/48 Ju88 and under the impression that there are two Revell kits but the one has fit issues.

D

Doug Hughes

Great job, Rupert. I wonder if the day will come when we run out of leftover swastikas?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job, Rupert. I wonder if the day will come when we run out of leftover swastikas?
I bought some recently. My wife said 'what are you doing with those things in the house' ! I gave her my brief history of the Swastika, she still wasn't impressed.

R

Rupert Carss

This is the kit...1-48-Junkers-Ju-88A-4-Revell-03935-REV-03935_b_1.jpg...like I said, a really good kit. Minimal fit issues. Number 03935.

As for the swastikas, well that's an entirely different debate. Personally I think that if you want historical accuracy, they should be there. It's important to remember what that symbol stood for and why it needed defeating.

I want to airbrush models, not history!

Ok that's enough politics. Back to the plastic!

Edit: I Saw some completed 1:350 Bismark models. Some with and some without the swastikas. The ones without didn't look right and the ones with (big ones on the deck) seemed a bit much. Maybe I'll do HMS Hood instead.

A

Awins

This is the kit...View attachment 289783...like I said, a really good kit. Minimal fit issues. Number 03935.

As for the swastikas, well that's an entirely different debate. Personally I think that if you want historical accuracy, they should be there. It's important to remember what that symbol stood for and why it needed defeating.

I want to airbrush models, not history!

Ok that's enough politics. Back to the plastic!

Edit: I Saw some completed 1:350 Bismark models. Some with and some without the swastikas. The ones without didn't look right and the ones with (big ones on the deck) seemed a bit much. Maybe I'll do HMS Hood instead.
Thank you Rupert I will definitely be placing an order for this kit.