Kitech MiG 31 foxhound

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
This is my Kitech MiG 31 Foxhound I got from the car bootie. It's the first one I've done that's been painted with an air brush. It's been a learning experience, but hasn't come out too badly, I think.

View attachment 68950

View attachment 68951

View attachment 68952

View attachment 68953

View attachment 68954

View attachment 68955

It was a poor fit all round but with plenty of filler and a bit of patience it turns into a reasonable model..

I have made no attempt at weathering as I just wanted to practice masking and airbrushing the paint, and generally to get a feel for the airbrush

Thanks for looking,

Tony.

Kitech MiG 31 001.JPG

Kitech MiG 31 002.JPG

Kitech MiG 31 003.JPG

Kitech MiG 31 004.JPG

Kitech MiG 31 005.JPG

Kitech MiG 31 006.JPG

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well it looks like you've got the hand of the airbrush quickly. It's looking nice Tony.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hi Tony. I have seen a few of these Kitech models about but after reading the reviews decided not to indulge. You've done a magnificent job on this Foxhound, nicely finished and painted. Yak Tony will love it I bet.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this Tony, so first of all sorry for the late reply. looks like you have got the hang of using the airbrush already looks a nice paint job and a very nice build. Why not give it a bit of a wash should make it look even better. Anyway a great build Tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice job tony , i have made this kit myself and can confirm the rubbish fit ! its also a very 'confused' foxhound actually being a re tooling of their MiG 25 , resulting in some weird shapes (the nose ,tailplanes and intakes for example are like a foxbat , but should be quite different on the mig 31) Regardless of the kits inaccuracies its a great build and it looks like youve mastered the airbrush - nice paintwork! cheers tony