Kommandowagen, Revell, 1/35

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
next thing on the bench......German Armoured train from WW2.....Revell 1/35

have a plan for this...........i have quite a few german tanks in the stash and the one thing that always puts me off is doing a 3-colour camo, figured this might be good to practice on since it has flat sides..........and if it does go a bit Pete Tong i will practice a winter white wash camo to hide it all lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yeah, like ya thinking. If it goes wrong, back up plan. Looks like a nice kit.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Yep! Nice... :cool:

Looking forward this one, love the winter camo!

S

Scuff

That's an unusual looking beasty. Good luck and have fun.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
I will follow this build with interest as i intend building one in 1 72.

bazer.

First Name
Richard
Yes indeed it’s a nice kit will follow your build with interest because on my wish list is still a panzer train open.

Cheers Richard

W

Wittmann205

Nice kit and nice idea :smiling3: but German ww2 camo is easy since the soldiers in the fight had to do a lot of improvisation cause of missing material... So just start and see what's happening :smiling3:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

N

noble

This is looming really well so far, keep up the good work.

Scott

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

never seen one like this before- eager to see results!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so ive started work on this again.........think this will take me a while between other projects

first time at airbrushing a tri colour camo scheme, need to practice for a Panther i have planned

not too happy with it but im hoping it will tone down and blend once i start messing about with oils

flash makes it look worse than it is

done some work on the track..........i dont plan on doing much at all to this, maybe a bit of dirt

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
latest progress

ive attached the 'turret' with Otto inside

ive been doing a bit of reading up, turns out its not a proper turret, it doesnt rotate, its fixed. seems that if they needed a mahine gun pointing in the right place they would just simply move one to an empty mount

Otto is from an Academy set of Battle of the Bulge figs, he was the worst one in the set, i had nothing else that fitted the very small hatch so i canibalised Otto for his head and shoulders

i decided not to add the radio antenna simply cos when i tried dryfitting it was a pain in the proverbial!

the few decals been applied and a good coat of matt varnish

next job is to start with the oils to tone down and blend, then it will be wash followed by some staining

im not planning on any heavy weathering, after all it was stuck on a train track not ploughing through fields like a tank so its just not going to get muddy etc

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking good so far Paul but that Otto is a miserable looking sod ain't he? :smiling3:

Gern

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice paint job Paul, no need for backup plan :D

ever later to get on the build will tag along, like to see what becomes of her

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Otto has ducked down inside

i started to give it a oil filter.........burnt umber, raw umber and i decided to add a bit of viridian just to see what happened,.....the viridian was too much, it just bled everywhere as soon as the thinners touched it, ended up giving the whole thing a wash down with thinners to get rid of it all,..........did it all again with burnt umber, raw umber and ochre. still not happy with it, whats everyone else think?

next step is to let it all dry off for a few days then a dark wash

at least its not shiny any more lol

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
for me it works i do like it, the only thing that i would suggest is to chip away at all the sharp edges ,just some wear and tear

and much better once toned down

keep the pics coming