Kommandowagen, Revell, 1/35

W

Willi262

\ said:
for me it works i do like it, the only thing that i would suggest is to chip away at all the sharp edges ,just some wear and tearand much better once toned down

keep the pics coming
Especially around the hatchway and footstep

First Name
Aaron
Looks like dust and rain streaks...nice work.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking amazing buddy the camo is spot on

A

Andy Mac

An unusual subject that'll be great to see, it's looking good so far.

N

noble

Lookin good to me paul paint looks nicely faded the way it should, keep up the good work and don't loose heart with it.

scott

N

noble

If you don't mind a bit of a suggestion concerning your sleepers... the base colour is spot on, try dry brushing them with a flat earth colour or a lightish grey sleepers are made of oak and when oak becomes weathered it turns a greyish colour with lighter brown patches, hope you dont mind the suggestion.

scott

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
why would i mind?,....next time i get to sit at the bench i shall give it a go

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice job on the build and paint, once weathered and the edges taken off it will look even better. Great work Paul.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Paul. It looks like a steampunk UFO on that pole.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Nice work Paul. It looks like a steampunk UFO on that pole.
lol, thts my way of doing stuff like tanks, i have a threaded rod and a load of nuts, drill a hole in the bottom of the kit where it will not be seen, glue in a nut, thread in the rod from the outside, makes a useful handle, when everything is done just unthread the rod leaving the nut inside.....simples ;)

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love the colour looks real worn

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
next thing on the bench......German Armoured train from WW2.....Revell 1/35have a plan for this...........i have quite a few german tanks in the stash and the one thing that always puts me off is doing a 3-colour camo, figured this might be good to practice on since it has flat sides..........and if it does go a bit Pete Tong i will practice a winter white wash camo to hide it all lol
Not wanting to sound dense, but is this based on an actual vehicle as it looks like something out of 'Indiana Jones'

Still enjoying following it, but just wondered.

Gregg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Not wanting to sound dense, but is this based on an actual vehicle as it looks like something out of 'Indiana Jones'Still enjoying following it, but just wondered.

Gregg
very real.....they had all sorts of versions

heres one that had a panzer IV turret

dead ones

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im calling this one done for a few reasons

i tried adding some dirty streaks using one of those Tamiya weathering packs (never been impressed with them to be honest).........didnt like the look so removed the streaks with some isopronanol, ......got rid of the streaks and left a white residue!.......washed that off with water but theres still a bit left that will just not come off

i wanted to add some dust round the bottom half but i just dont want to risk ruining it any more

must be one of my longest wip's ever......nearly 4 months, but i have had a house move in the middle of it lol......so just glad to get it off the bench

more pics in the finished thread