Korean War Mig-15 bis

F

Fishpot11

Here my latest work,

A Mig 15 "925" ,one of the aces of the Korean War, first jet dogfight between Americans jet fighters and north korean, chinese and russian fighters.

This model was built for a campagne on a forum i belong to http://mab.forumfree.it/?t=67690711&st=30

The Kit is a KoPro mig 15 in 1/72, the pilot of it came from an old airfix ww2 plane and the little figure on the base its an old atlantic italian air force pilot from 50's or 60's, i adapted it as an american pilot ready to go to war, on the background on the base its an old news paper informing the starting of the war, i printed it on normal printing paper and cut it and wrapping it on and around the base with vynilic glue, it was then aged up with olive oil, coffe and oil colors.

to paint the mig i gace a coat of gloss black enamel sprycan, then a coat of future wax,

the silver leaf tamya spraycan made the basic Color, different panels were painted with steel testor.

The heavy weathering, to give a more vintage look, were made with flory models weathering mix.

A gloss lacquer sealed it all.

Here it is

'][/url]

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Congratulations for taking the effort to build this old (1979) kit! Like the display as well.

I am just about to start the new Eduard one

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like that it looks very well painted and the weathering is very well done

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great stuff Fishpot, that base is a very nice touch and adds to the theme. Top job.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice job Fishpot and i love the base too , very original thinking , cheers tony

Z

Ziper_it

Nice representation and unusual setup.

Love this one.

Francesco