Korpak 1/72 Polikarpov po2 L polar completed ( Papa 695s Biplane GB)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks for the great comments everyone I enjoyed this build ( even the rigging !) . Ive still got the parts for the floatplane version and ambulance pods so if anyone fancies making one of these versions you’re welcome to have them , just pm me ( you could use either the KP kit or the newer ICM for the base ) . Heres a link to a grainy old short film of the ski version and claustrophobic ambulance version , some good reference even though the quality isnt great ( just turn down the sound - the music will drive you nuts !!)

Cheers tony
Great video Tony. Just imagine being stuffed in to one of those wing pods and then waiting in the dark to hopefully to receive hospital treatment.:confused::surprised:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Wasn't there a 'Stop the pigeon' sort of thing group build some years ago ?
Indeed there was colin , some great entries too , dont know which nutcase suggested it :rolling::thinking: https://www.scale-models.co.uk/forums/tonys-stop-that-pigeon-gb-jan-dec-2018.333/
Great video Tony. Just imagine being stuffed in to one of those wing pods and then waiting in the dark to hopefully to receive hospital treatment.:confused::surprised:
Stuffed is the right word John , they really ram him in !!! Dont know if it was a dummy for the film or what but it looked a tight fit !!:smiling5: . I love the way they bolted it to the wing- looked like he was assembling something from IKEA with the allen key !:smiling5:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just imagine the pilot doing a loop, think I'd rather go by horse and cart .

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
With two broken legs and down to 3 pints of blood i would have rolled off that stretcher! .." its alright chaps im feeling a bit better now ,think ill just try and walk it off! Cheers though:thumb2: