Kressy's Hasegawa 1/48 109 F4 GB Build.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks great. It was some camouflage scheme!

Cheers

Steve

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work on the paint job Kresten. A very busy scheme.

B

Builder

Kreston mate.... 3 tone camo, firstly hats off for event attempting it, and secondly very very well executed man! Thirdly getting that propeller top right can be such a pain but I think youve done well. 

K

Kressy_13

Thanks mate. Getting feedback like that certainly helps to push me along and do a good job of it. Hopefully be getting the decals on in the next couple of days.

Cheers.

K

Kressy_13

Quick question as I'm doing the decals. Would the tail victory markings be on both sides of the tail or just on the one? Can't find pictures that show the starboard side of the tail. 

Cheers.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now that's different. Three tone camo... Nicely done Kresten.

K

Kressy_13

Thanks Ian. Well I have the main decals on, just the smaller stencils to go. starting to look better now. Need to try draw the maxi under the cockpit as it doesn't come as a decal in this pack.

On another note I won't be getting print scale decals again. Poorly printed and took quite a but to get them to settle.

Cheers.

DSC_0706.JPG

K

Kressy_13

Thanks guys. They are a little John. Think I had the blu tac a little close to the surface where I had the demarcation. Just have to practice a bit. Way out of practice with my airbrush as well. Hahaha. 

Still trying to do the stencilling. Managed to fracture my thumb last week so it's going a bit slow at the moment.

Cheers.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Thanks guys. They are a little John. Think I had the blu tac a little close to the surface where I had the demarcation. Just have to practice a bit. Way out of practice with my airbrush as well. Hahaha. 

Still trying to do the stencilling. Managed to fracture my thumb last week so it's going a bit slow at the moment.

Cheers.

Just a tip mate, you can try freehand camo. You can attain excellent results with it, but I guess for this tight a demarcation it is a little difficult. You can try blu tacking some card 1mm from the surface of the camo to be sprayed, and that will create a hard edged, yet slightly soft edge

John

K

Kressy_13

Thanks mate, might have to try with the card in future. I normally try to freehand the camo but as you said it's a bit hard to get the hard demarcation. Just need practice. 

Cheers.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice. I've never seen this scheme before, looking forward to the finished build.

K

Kressy_13

Thanks Colin. I hadn't seen it either till I got the decals. Well I've made a bit of progress with it. Got the decals done and a clear coat on. This is the underside done with a panel line wash. Still got the top to do plus all the other weathering. 

Cheers.

DSC_0719.JPG

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Kresten, this is coming along nicely.

K

Kressy_13

Thanks guys. Haven't done a great deal as the room I use has been rather warm lately. Have tried an enamel fading technique and am looking for some other points of view. I'm not really a fan of it on the top side but don't mind it on the underside. Need more practice with it in any case.

Cheers. 

DSC_0721.JPG

DSC_0722.JPG

DSC_0723.JPG

B

Builder

I think it looks good, the panel lines and rivets are also very nicely highlighted there.