Kursk. II S.S. Panzer corps slowly claw their way toward Obayan

F

Ferrets Bueller

The figures and diorama base look excellent, you have done a really good job there. As said the t34 rust looks great too, im looking forward to seeing this completed.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Tony, I don't know what the pic problem was. I re-uploaded the shots again, this time it seems to have worked.

M

msm2

Its a PC thingy majiggy thing...

Looks so good,follow as I have a few T-34s to do.

Tony..

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Paul, I do intend to finish the dio, if only to show it who's boss!

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
Cheers Paul, I do intend to finish the dio, if only to show it who's boss!
Ha ha yeah i know what you mean, you have to show these mdoels who is the boss or they run havoc

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Paul, like the others I can see the pictures now...Well worth the wait, you have the engine looking as it should, knackered!

I know you were not fishing for compliments, it was your post, you sounded a bit disheartened so I thought I would try and help.

Anyway, sounds as though you are refreshed and up and running again, good man!

Kick ass, boy!

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Ron, I know it shouldn't, but it does give me a modelling 'lift' to know there's still interest.

Should have the inner hull finished this week and buttoned-up, I think it will be relatively plain sailing after that!

Paul

N

noble

fantastic job on the engine paul love the weathering keep up the good work.

scott

S

sprayman

Top work on the engine, the quality of your work should be motivation for you...keep up the top job.

F

Fenlander

Top job on the naffed engine, reminds me of my Reliant Robin. It wasn't burnt out, I just didn't look after it lol. Very realistic weathering on the engine, I was looking at some pics of a T34 that has been left where it was since it got knocked out in the war, it looks very similar to that. Great work.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers guys

This will be finished I can promise you that - if I'm running out of time I'll model the turret out of plasticine and a drinking straw, but it will get finished!

Also, (and I know the matter has been dropped) I would like to offer my apologies to Richard. I stated my case in the Autumn/Winter GB far too strongly and Richard didn't deserve that.

For what it's worth I think the solution that Graham has suggested is an excellent and fair way forward for the GB.

Anyhoo, back to this damned T-34! :gent:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi everyone,

I've finally finished the interior to the T-34. I have to say that the AVF club kit is excellent, and putting it together has been a real pleasure (just as well when project levels are low!) The only improvement I've made is some leads to the cylinder heads, extended the hydraulic arm that holds the front hatch open and drilled out a few exhaust pipes other then that it's been pretty OOB. The only real improvement I think I would make, if I had more time) would be to the ammunition racks which have the rounds moulded into them and therefore do not give the option of empty racks.

Here's the interior (apologies for the photography as light was fading):

View attachment 20209View attachment 20210View attachment 20211View attachment 20212View attachment 20213

I've now completed the turret and placed the upper hull - it's a bit frustrating to see how much of all that detail will be visible on the final model, but at least I'll know it's there!

View attachment 20214

I was thinking about having the upper hull removable so that the interior could be viewed, but although the fit the hull is ok it's not good enough for a friction fit.

Now the interior is finished the outside should be relatively easy. I'd planned on trying the salt technique to get a flaking paint finish and this may still happen depending on time. Essentially I've got one weekend to finish this now as I can't spend any more time to the project because of work commitments! Hopefully I can sneak in a few hours in the evenings.

Still hope to be finished for the 'end of the month' deadline.

Cheers

View attachment 27360

View attachment 27361

View attachment 27362

View attachment 27363

View attachment 27364

View attachment 27365

Interior03.jpg

Interior04.jpg

Interior01.jpg

Interior02.jpg

Interior05.jpg

Interior06.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I like what i see Paul and that engine is very nicely weatherd too. I thing the next full interior model i'll do will be in 1/35 scale, 1/48 is ok but boy does it kill the eyes lol. Keep up the great work.

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

Don't get to tied down by the deadline, this is a superb build, don't rush it just to meet an arbitrary date.

F

Ferrets Bueller

Excellent work paul, wouuld be great if you could it removable so all that stunning detail work can be seen.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers guys

One thing I've forgotten to photograph is the actual hole where I've simulated the incoming round - this is on the left hand side, above the 2nd rear axle just below the sponson. This was first drilled and then melted a little around the edges to give the impression of a high velocity AP round. I will take a pic at some point! This round pierced one of the fuel tanks located at the rear of the tank and caused the engine fire. The story is that the fire wall did it's job and the fire didn't spread to the whole tank.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking very nice Paul. Coming along a treat so don't rush it mate. It will be ready when it's ready!

You say you would like to show some more of the interior?

Why don't you show the wreck with the turret blown off and lying upside down near the hull, similar to Michael Wittmann's Tiger when he was killed?

O.K. you may have to blacken a bit of the interior but at least the inside of tank and the turret would be seen...Just a thought.

Ron