Latest acquisitions

PWick

SMF Poster
First Name
Patrick
another interesting one Patrick,will be waiting to see what you do with this one,;)
Yes Monica we'll have to see, I can use similar woodgrain decal to start with! I'm looking at a truck/lorry at present, needs a bit of scratchbuilding though.

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
sounds like you have the whole thing sort ,will be watching this build,:D
I was looking at a lorry,at the last swap meet,still up around $60.oo or more for one,:rolleyes:

PWick

SMF Poster
First Name
Patrick
sounds like you have the whole thing sort ,will be watching this build,:D
I was looking at a lorry,at the last swap meet,still up around $60.oo or more for one,:rolleyes:
Yes I've had a cab unit ( for an artic) for some years so stretching the chassis to turn it into more of a box lorry. Also looking a scratchbuilding a surf vehicle, Sandpiper, rare, lost one on ebay USA at the weekend when it went over $100! And of course having to print some more woodgrain decal for this one above.

First Name
Patrick
My first airbrush so if you have same I might be chasing you up for advice ☺ what size needle do you use ?
For anything other than priming I use the 0.2 needle. This works fine for me with all types of paint, from enamels to acrylics.

I use the 0.4 for priming with Stynylrez as this gives a better flow.

HTH

Morpheus

First Name
Dave
Only have a 0.15 and 0.4 so will have to see how I get on for now unless I find a good deal on a 0.2 needle set.

BarryW

SMF Poster
First Name
Barry
My first airbrush so if you have same I might be chasing you up for advice ☺ what size needle do you use ?
I mainly use the 0.4 needle as my workhorse for 95% of painting, primer, varnish, base coats. With vallejo Model Air at this needle size there is no need to thin. I will use the 0.2 needle for touch ups and detailing such as mottle. VMA needs to be thinned for this needle size.

I would not try to use a 0.15 needle with most model paints as it tends to get blocked but the 0.15 can work with MRP paint which is a very fine ink like paint.

Morpheus

First Name
Dave
Thanks Barry for the advice, I have bought vallejo model air paints for my first models to see how I get on.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
I thought I'd done pretty well until I saw Ron and Patrick's latest hauls!

This one cost less than £15 inc. P&P

IMGP2140.JPG

And this one was just under £24 inc. P&P

IMGP2138.JPG

Not bad considering the dealer left the price sticker on

IMGP2139.JPG

Both still in their wrappings and as new.

First Name
Patrick
I thought I'd done pretty well until I saw Ron and Patrick's latest hauls!

This one cost less than £15 inc. P&P

View attachment 275084

And this one was just under £24 inc. P&P

View attachment 275082

Not bad considering the dealer left the price sticker on

View attachment 275083

Both still in their wrappings and as new.
Any bargain is a little victory Dave! :smiling3: I must do a Chieftain sometime, I've always had a post-apocalyptic scene in my mind. Probably something to do with growing up in the shadow of a potential nuclear attack!

Gwyn

SMF Poster
First Name
Gwyn
Treated myself to a airbrush, way above my skill level but was such a good price I could not say no, plus used my birthday money
View attachment 275037
! have one of these and love it. sprays with no splatter and no blockages so far. I didn't think I would use the paint flow regulator at the back but after a few tries I use it nearly all the time. Thanks John, a really worthwhile purchase.

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
nice Paul,gives you the inspiration to get working,;)
ive got plenty of inspiration to build.....just no where to build!....cant wait to get this new place decorated and put together so i can get the bench sorted........im climbing the walls with boredom cos i cant fettle plastic lol