Latest acquisitions

First Name
Marius
I was doing a little bit of browsing yesterday, before this kit suddenly decided to add itself to my shopping cart... :rolleyes:

...along with various weathering products from AK and a can of Tamiya fine surface primer.

Robert1968

SMF Poster
First Name
Robert
Hi guys I've prob put this in the wrong place but I was looking for so,ewgere to show what came in the post today
Yes its second hand ( from Si ) here on SMF
I saw him advertise and well in a way it's a tank of sorts so why not add it to my growing stash if tanks?
Then the box turned up today .
It's the biggest kit I've ever seen in 1/35 scale
Thanks Si
Found a few pics of the completed kit once it's built ( big build )
I'm going to enjoy this build
I think
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Robert1968

SMF Poster
First Name
Robert
Hi guys I've prob put this in the wrong place but I was looking for so,ewgere to show what came in the post today
I saw him advertise and well in a way it's a tank of sorts so why not add it to my growing stash if tanks?
Thanks Si
I think
View attachment 284178 View attachment 284179 View attachment 284180 View attachment 284181
Got home from work tonight and looked in the box ( Jesus h Christ this is going to be a mammoth task ( there's so much plastic in here. And it's going to be big
I'm going to do a big build thread when I get round to building this beast but I have already thought of going even bigger with the dio and put a shunter in it and also an armoured train. ( both are trumpeter ) SWMBO says (1 )it comes out of your pocket and (2) if your going to do it then it has to be displayed properly.( need a bigger house )
Yes it would be a massive task indeed but I do think it could be done.
Here's what I'm now looking at to compliment this.
But in e interim I'll carry on with my tanks
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jens Andrée

First Name
Jens
Awesome build it's going to be Robert!!! :D

The armoured train is such a mythical beast that should rival even some of the rarest tanks imho. I've never seen one anyway, if one even exists today?

I'm really keen on doing the Dora railway gun one day (but painted as Schwerer Gustav). Hobby Boss have a fantastic 1/72 kit I've seen, but there's also the 1/35 Soar Art Dora - if you can afford it and have the massive space it requires to be displayed! Regardless it's an awesome gun and your Thor is perhaps even cooler?! ;)

I've once stood next to a Schwerer Gustav shell at the Imperial War Museum in London and it was hard to believe that a gun (two in fact!) had actually existed that chucked these 5-7 tonnes monsters 40 kilometres! I doubt the barrel life was long though baring in mind how much propellant that must've been required to shoot those beasts...

Last edited:

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
Thanks Si
I think
View attachment 284178 View attachment 284179 View attachment 284180 View attachment 284181
very nice looking kit,have alway like the rail guns,;)

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
Got home from work tonight and looked in the box ( Jesus h Christ this is going to be a mammoth task ( there's so much plastic in here. And it's going to be big
I'm going to do a big build thread when I get round to building this beast but I have already thought of going even bigger with the dio and put a shunter in it and also an armoured train. ( both are trumpeter ) SWMBO says (1 )it comes out of your pocket and (2) if your going to do it then it has to be displayed properly.( need a bigger house )
Yes it would be a massive task indeed but I do think it could be done.
Here's what I'm now looking at to compliment this.
But in e interim I'll carry on with my tanks
View attachment 284205 View attachment 284206
would make a nice set,theses two,;)