Latest acquisitions

PWick

SMF Poster
First Name
Patrick
about all you could try is cotton wool,or maybe green stuff for the flames and cotton wool for the smoke
Thanks Monica, but excuse my ignorance, what is 'Green Stuff, I don't know if we have that here in the UK?

PWick

SMF Poster
First Name
Patrick
I'm looking at for one of those, but the prices vary so much already.
And I've just been to Banbury in Oxfordshire where Trinders model shop has been as long as I've known and it's shut and gone!! The only model shop in a 40+ mile radius! So the internet now is my only option!

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
And I've just been to Banbury in Oxfordshire where Trinders model shop has been as long as I've known and it's shut and gone!! The only model shop in a 40+ mile radius! So the internet now is my only option!

depends on what you build.....Grand Prix Models are in Banbury. i know they are mostly mail order but i know they open shop every now and then

stillp

SMF Poster
First Name
Peter
Yes, they were closing down when I went there a few weeks ago, and had very little stock. Where do you live? There's Joto Hobbies in Rugby, and The Model Shop in Northampton.

Pete

First Name
John
That looks like a very nice kit you have yourself there John. Eill be interested to see what you think of it as your start your build.
Well, I looked at Phil Flory's review on YT, and he was pretty scathing of the one he had - which was early release and apparently pitched at £50+ - So I got it all out of the bags, and there are some proper nasty eject pin marks and stress marks present. All in all though, the detail is nice and I will build it OOB, so I'll just do what I can with it! At least its a Voodoo with recessed panel lines!

First Name
John
Part two of my Bentwaters / Woodbridge trilogy arrived this morning - the final one (a10) will be the Hasegawa 1/48 one, but need to wait 'till me pension comes through!!

IMG_E5219.JPG
This looks pretty well thought out, and beautifully presented.

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
Thanks Monica, but excuse my ignorance, what is 'Green Stuff, I don't know if we have that here in the UK?
hi its a two part resin that you mix up by hand they will have it,John should,
and if you need to know more just ask,:thumb2:

PWick

SMF Poster
First Name
Patrick
depends on what you build.....Grand Prix Models are in Banbury. i know they are mostly mail order but i know they open shop every now and then
Thanks beowolf, of course. I think they are open to the public twice a year.

PWick

SMF Poster
First Name
Patrick
Yes, they were closing down when I went there a few weeks ago, and had very little stock. Where do you live? There's Joto Hobbies in Rugby, and The Model Shop in Northampton.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I'm in Buckingham, so both Rugby and Northampton are not that far away, thanks for that.