Lee Drennen’s 1/72 Matchbox Gloster Gladiator R.A.F. No.73 (Fighter) Squadron Digby 1938.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Back in the day, I had this Gladiator with a thought to back-dating it to a Gauntlet
More fool me
But that might have been less effort than the Pegasus Gauntlet that took me twelve years to finish

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great stuff Lee not my thing but always enjoy reading the wingy builds ,yes its stirred a lot of child ,youth in my case memories but quite sad no persons of a younger stamp have piped in with a big"WHAT YOU HAD TO BE JOKING" to wich we could have replied no this was the dogs the best pocket/first wage packet money could buy ,I wonder how prices compare now with then ,todays tec in design and production kits should cost about the same as then wich would make em as cheap as chips ........nice thought anyway. Dave
Ps if some of you lovelys have some thoughts on this stick em up on a chit chat bit somewhere to keep Lees build on track. :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great stuff Lee not my thing but always enjoy reading the wingy builds ,yes its stirred a lot of child ,youth in my case memories but quite sad no persons of a younger stamp have piped in with a big"WHAT YOU HAD TO BE JOKING" to wich we could have replied no this was the dogs the best pocket/first wage packet money could buy ,I wonder how prices compare now with then ,todays tec in design and production kits should cost about the same as then wich would make em as cheap as chips ........nice thought anyway. Dave
Ps if some of you lovelys have some thoughts on this stick em up on a chit chat bit somewhere to keep Lees build on track. :thumb2:
Thanks David. I’m sure the price would be up there with the modern Airfix stuff I have to tell myself when I was building this that it was made in 1973-74 because of the way it’s design to go together was and fit.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Lee,
That's looking fine.

I spent some happy years living at RAF Digby in the late 60's. A lovely place .
J

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee,
That's looking fine.

I spent some happy years living at RAF Digby in the late 60's. A lovely place .
J
Thanks JR. Glad you stopped by. I didn’t know that pretty cool that you did. Hope to get this done soon.

Reactions: JR