Lee Drennen’s Alaskan Hauler Kenworth Conventional.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seat please Lee. Should be a good build esp in that scale , loads of detail ?
Ice road truckers was a great show over here , a few years back now.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Seat please Lee. Should be a good build esp in that scale , loads of detail ?
Ice road truckers was a great show over here , a few years back now.
Have a Seat Good Buddy we’ll get you some groceries in a minute meanwhile have a cup of 100 mile coffee 10/4.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Way too many parts for me old eyes to take in.....I'm quite the fan of the one piece frames I'm used to playing with. Keep it coming Lee.....these older kits do seem to collect a little more flash than one likes to deal with. ;)

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's a lot of parts to work with to get a nice, square chassis. Good luck.
Yes it is but building these for over 40 years and before that watching my older brother build these and getting tips from him I’ve think I’ve mastered the dark secrets of these 40+ years kits.

Keep it coming
Will do.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well today I managed to get a lot of the frame done. I added the front wheels for now there not glued so I can insure the stance of the truck and placement of the fenders after removing the pins on the axle and leveling both the springs and axle up with a file for a much better look than going by the instructions. I place the cab on to the frame after I installed the cab mounts making sure all cab mounts are in line the manufacturer instruction's are wrong where they show you to mount your front cab mounts. I’m glad my brother owns the real 1.1 Kenworth w900A truck for a good reference. Here’s my update pics and a picture of my Brothers 1967 Kenworth W925 A model in front of his house in Kansas City Missouri
81EB7466-8127-41FA-AC62-80A1A3097A46.jpegE3A87579-D599-4DDA-87FC-901C355C957C.jpegFB3F6C88-E092-4660-A14E-79AC63B76547.jpegC941E062-87F2-493F-B383-88B56EF4ADE6.jpeg81EF4ABC-7CFD-4C7F-BFEA-D28D28A29A7A.jpeg95BDA831-3FC5-4E92-9AB4-9B7123A85AA5.jpeg452E0922-40F6-4557-9A1B-2A9A4A611D90.jpeg

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lee is that the truck I've seen you drive in the video ?
In that scale detailing on that engine should be great , loads of cables and pipe work .

A beautiful house as well !

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee is that the truck I've seen you drive in the video ?
In that scale detailing on that engine should be great , loads of cables and pipe work .

A beautiful house as well !
Yes that’s it. Yes one could go crazy with “Plumbing” it out but I’m just sticking to the basics so I won’t overwhelm my self. The house is just as beautiful inside too and he made the basement about 2 years ago into a apartment. He retired 3 years ago and paid his house off and now is living the good life he deserves it my brother has worked hard all his life even as a young teenager he was Dads Mechanic pulling transmissions and engine work very long hours to get dad back out on the road to put food in our mouths he sacrifice a lot of his youth so we could eat I love my brother very much for that and I won’t forget what he done for our family.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great start Lee. A very neat looking chassis.
Thanks Jim. Yes Kenworth had a very unique chassis the front of chassis where the steering box is to where the bumper is mount was actually two separate pieces bolted on I always thought that would break easy but I’ve never heard of one doing that but I’m sure it has happened. You can see in my pics how the front pieces are bolted on to the main frame rails their two different sizes.