Lee Drennen’s O Scale All Nation Boxcar restoration project

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
DITTO ON what rick said brilliant moddeling an Lee did you manage to cut them doors out with just that scapel ? as i find that usein them take quite a while goin round the cut an for me i now just chain drill the doors or such an file it all nice an level an then file the door an then build up with thin plasti card where the cut is if that makes any sence as i find them scapel hard work an i likley end up stabbin me self in the finger:rolling::cold-sweat: so chain drillin is for me but you have Lee such a nice cut there very well done my freind :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: ps Lee do the doors slide open or close ? an dont these boxcars have hydraulic buffers on them ? like on our wagons in blighty
Chrisb

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
DITTO ON what rick said brilliant moddeling an Lee did you manage to cut them doors out with just that scapel ? as i find that usein them take quite a while goin round the cut an for me i now just chain drill the doors or such an file it all nice an level an then file the door an then build up with thin plasti card where the cut is if that makes any sence as i find them scapel hard work an i likley end up stabbin me self in the finger:rolling::cold-sweat: so chain drillin is for me but you have Lee such a nice cut there very well done my freind :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: ps Lee do the doors slide open or close ? an dont these boxcars have hydraulic buffers on them ? like on our wagons in blighty
Chrisb
Thanks Chris for the complement. Yes I cut them out with the scalpel I find I get a cleaner cut that way. Yes the Buffer is in the Coupler device that kinda softens the blow when hooking these up. Unlike the European cars that have them on the sides. Stay tuned

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good Lee!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You're making a fine job of refurbishing these. A lot of work but well worth it. I can just see some big 'ol loco dragging this lot across the prairie.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
You're making a fine job of refurbishing these. A lot of work but well worth it. I can just see some big 'ol loco dragging this lot across the prairie.
Thanks Jim and for stopping by. Yes but it’s a labor of love. I’ll post it in a consistent when I’m done with it for sure.