Little bit of photo play

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Shot 1 overall, stars look better not been under the ship, But could do with the right wing from shot 2 putting onto shot 1

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hope you dont mind, but to illustrate my point about 'blown panel', quick merge in GIMP;
I see what you mean it does look better , this photo stuff is pretty new to me so I'm just getting used to using filters to improve the look

What's GIMP?

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Its free software for editing photos, bit like Photoshop/elements - bit 'clunkier' but it works fine.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
al-cr-1-jpg.111394

al-pic-2-jpg.111395

al-pic-3-jpg.111396

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 101403

View attachment 101405

View attachment 101407

View attachment 101419

al cr 2.jpg

al cr 4.jpg

al cr 5.jpg

al cr 6.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That bottom shot reminds me of the scene in the original series when they go through the nova madigon and blast the mines so the fleet can get to carrilon

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Oi stop improving my pics man I can't do that with my apps !

No carry on they look cool :D

D

dougie

Do you know how the series ends?

Lol

Pics look good, use a narrow light source from further away to simulate the shading better, the dark faces should be darker space stuff usually has a high contrast between lit and unlit sides

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Hope you dont mind, but to illustrate my point about 'blown panel', quick merge in GIMP
Steve: How do you get on with using Gimp? I tried it once and found it not user-friendly, almost user-hostile.

J

John Rixon

The big thing going for Gimp is that it's free! But, it is clunky and un-intuitive in a big way really. Around £24 will buy you an early version of Paintshop Pro, which is stunning value for money, as it is pretty much as versatile as Photoshop, which costs a kings ransome. The fundamental differences between PaintshopPro and Photoshop are minimal, but the army of folks bleating about Adobe's product as being "industry Standard" has stopped so many folks using PaintshopPro, and instead, either stealing Photoshop, or paying £600 for it. Now Adobe has gone all "monthly subscription", everyone will now steal their product, as £20 a month is extracting the micturition. Back to topic, if you want to work on digital imagery with a wealth of tools and effects, PaintshopPro X3 is a steal!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I can't get gimp on iPad ive been having a look for other similar apps but drew a blank

S

Stevekir

\ said:
I can't get gimp on iPad ive been having a look for other similar apps but drew a blank
Some of my (quite serious) photography friends use Photoshop Elements (£69). It is relatively affordable and my friends like it for doing quite adventurous things.

I have Photoshop. I bought it about 15 or more years ago when it was relatively cheap and now have Photoshop CS6 which is not in the Cloud (Photoshop CC) as a subscription: mine is the actual software.

I have just discovered:

http://www.xsoft4u.com/index.cgi?photoshop

--------------------------------

View attachment 101425

---------------------------------

I don't know how "reliable" the site is. Another site is selling it for £329.

ebay is offering it "Buy it now" for £95 as "a direct download from Adobe".

Check first!

Photoshop.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Some of my (quite serious) photography friends use Photoshop Elements (£69). It is relatively affordable and my friends like it for doing quite adventurous things.
I have Photoshop. I bought it about 15 or more years ago when it was relatively cheap and now have Photoshop CS6 which is not in the Cloud (Photoshop CC) as a subscription: mine is the actual software.

I have just discovered:

http://www.xsoft4u.com/index.cgi?photoshop

--------------------------------

View attachment 111425

---------------------------------

I don't know how "reliable" the site is. Another site is selling it for £329.

ebay is offering it "Buy it now" for £95 as "a direct download from Adobe".

Check first!
Thanks for that Steve but for what I would use it for it wouldn't be worth it , I only wand to brighten my pics for on here , I'm not that clued up on all the technical photography sort of thing

Thanks for your work though in showing me this :smiling3:

K

Keithmayes

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Art studio for iPad works pretty well, I think it's about £7, but you get layers and many adjustments for images, might be worth a look?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It would appear that I am only going to be an average modeller at best, but I can take pretty good pictures of stars and planets, it's my main hobby and has been for 50 years. If anyone ever needs any space shots for background I have plenty, or of course you can always download from the Net, but mine are unique! Cheers.
Keith
There pretty cool Kieth I have an interest and a laymans knowledge of the cosmos it's a pretty cool genre:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Art studio for iPad works pretty well, I think it's about £7, but you get layers and many adjustments for images, might be worth a look?
Cheers John I'll take a look :smiling3: