London bus dio

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all, this may or may not happen, it will be the biggest project I've ever taken on I've been playing with the layout, it will be huge (I may have to try and make it in 2 halves somehow to store and work on it) anyway I cut the footprint of all the the vehicles and have placed them roughly (obviously a piece of oblong paper doesn't really look anything like a car or bus but it gives me an idea of scale needed, as you can see I can't really make it any smaller but I will need a few more cars ( any suggestions on iconic British cars availiable in 1/24)
1oqgbt.jpg

35cg7dv.jpg

This is something like I'm hoping to depict.
be9gkn.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like the idea of this one Ken,and at 1,24 would be of a size,

for cars there are a few kits about if you look or go for diecast ones, 9_9

P

Polux

I love the idea Ken. is fresh and different!!!

Will be at the actual era? Ancient?

Well.....you know my opinion......one iconic British car is the Land Rover, and there is one model at 1/24 :smiling3: :smiling3:  

Some Mini as well....?

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I would suggest dropping  scale the only car kits for 1/24 would be revells taxi and the mini.

But  keilkraft do a routemaster in1/76 and there are a lot cars and buildings but its only a suggestion

First Name
Stuart
Like the idea of this one Ken,a nice scale to work on if you can get the cars you need.

diecast will give you a better selection I would of thought 

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Peter already have the 1/24 london bus (Chrisy present from daughter) and I have the Bentley my missus is getting me the taxi the roller the mini and the jag for my birthday, and now (thanks polux) looks like I'm getting a land rover, keep the suggestions coming.oh polux I'm thinking 60s or 70s.

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well finding the cars is going to be the real test for this one. You can go to, what 2005? and still have the Routemaster in a classic street dio But I think there will be a good few die cast cars in this one. Unless you want a routemaster surrounded by muscle cars, hot rods and super-cars that is.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi I really don't want to go down the die cast route feels like cheating, and anyway where's the fun in that.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Or... Just busses and taxis!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Revell do a 1/24 beetle I think...and the samba bus and also the van....and a pick up...

First Name
Stuart
There is a Rolls Royce 1/24 scale kit if this will go with your dio.

just a suggestion 

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes there are a lot of 1/24 cars but I want only British iconic cars so the VW are out, the age is not a problem as older cars are still on the road, hi Stuart I'm getting the ItalarI 1/24 phantom 2 the revell E type jag the revell taxi the Tamiya mini and I already have the Bentley, polux has pointed out there is a 1/24 land rover so I will see if I can source that, I will of course be checking prices with John on the kits I don't already have.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here is the first tentative steps in this one, I've primed and top coated the Bentley, won't get much else done as on hols on Friday, really need this holiday work is soooooooooooo stressful at the moment.

167k1vq.jpg

9719g0.jpg

29z7dc2.jpg

Last edited:
N

noble

Now this is going to be impressive, is it set modern day or 1914/18.

D

Deleted member 3568

Modern day as the route master wasn't about in 1914 but all the older vehicles could still be around now.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If it's the Revell Bentley Ken mine went together very nicely. Looking forward to this epic diorama, but have a great holiday first.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that,s looking good,so far very nice start, :D

B

Builder

Really great plan Ken, it may take quite some time to get it all done, but it would look great, and you would get a display base for more models that were of the same era as well.