London bus dio

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all more done on the theatre I'm contemplating adding lights above the STALLS and upper CIRCLE doors, unsure yet soon have to actually start the base as nearly all the car models done, still a long way to go though all the street furniture, which reminds me of another problem, I was going to have all the buildings and fountain removable to make for easier storage as this thing will be huge but what to do about the traffic lights and whatnot.
That is going to be one very big problem.
IMG_20170902_385722125155213.jpg

IMG_20170902_58476178403538.jpg

IMG_20170902_527361814600702.jpg

IMG_20170902_13946784568184.jpg

IMG_20170902_184041895173069.jpg

IMG_20170902_26201295023550.jpg

T

Tony

Police range rover is a cracking kit and looking good with your paint job.

D

Deleted member 3568

Nice of you to say mate but my airbrush is knackered and that was brush painted so is s$#t it may get stripped and redone.
Trying to negotiate a deal with the missus, I'm getting the pocher 1/4 ducati and the upgrade kit for my birthday 750 quid can I really ask for a new air brush.

D

Deleted member 4203

Looks great, I like what you've done with the theatre sign :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I need some help here I bought some printer transfer paper to make my own decals I've printed off some police decals for the range rover. The ink seems to not soak into the paper (almost like rain on gloss paintwork) the first pic is the best of 6
161c8s2.jpg

Also the decals when applying them are very stretchy
w6vsn.jpg

xc6vkh.jpg

1zoz407.jpg

I think the decals won't notice when the car is applied to the dio but I would like to know where I'm going wrong.

T

Tony

Hi Ken

The decal paper is available in 2 types. One for inkjet printers and one for laser printers so its important to get the correct type for the printer you have.

If your using inkjet decal film they then recommend its coated prior to soaking and applying, with a sealant. I have seen spray tins of sealant on some sites but this one recommends microscale liquid decal film.

http://hobby.uk.com/micro-liquid-decal-film.html

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Coming along nicely Ken, awesome work going into this.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all nearly finished the range rover next up will be the transit van, I've still to make the police sign for the roof and assorted sundries like the wing mirrors and wipers got loads more work to do on the buildings not even started any street furniture I'm hoping the finished dio will be an impressive site. I've realised I've got to make loads of figures for the street as well (not something I'm looking forward to. I reckon I must have been on this one for a yr by now and I can easily see it taking that long again.
2pzw3ut.jpg

atma7t.jpg

2sbmtef.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've nearly finished the cops car so I thought it was time to start the robbers van, it's going to be my favourite style old and beat up.
I wanted to show the scrapes and scratches on the bed of the van so I thought I would use the same method I used for the dent on the Honda tank and the dent in the fender of the traction avant.
I covered the floor pan with foil.
ix8nk0.jpg

Sprayed it with the body colour then stained and scratched through to the foil.
23lkuok.jpg

I've started scruffying up the body.
f20gfa.jpg

2uhvhhy.jpg

57688.jpg

2eldndk.jpg

Tried the floor pan in the body to see the effect
2gum876.jpg

I may go further with the wear and tear on the transit, a few dents or maybe more rust but I'm happy with where it's going at the moment.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've dirtied up the bottom and started ageing the interior of the transit I think it's a great little kit although I would have liked a full engine more.
idwu4y.jpg

2cifmfa.jpg

dfvfb7.jpg

67i6qb.jpg

2wbyx51.jpg

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
I agree with you ken. It does look to small but great work :D

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
nice work ken, looks like they do not want prison suit, as they are wearing them all ready.