Verlinden 120mm Line Grenadier Officer.

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_3483.JPG

Lets hope it's third time lucky. After two failures with injection moulded kit figures, I've decided to go back to resin. This is an early Belgian era Verlinden kit (their best period), representing an officer of the French 22nd Grenadiers of the Line. I was quite pleased with the way my previous all white uniform turned out, so I thought I'd try my luck a second time.

The sculpting and finish are superb, and construction was pretty straight-forward:

100_3482.JPG

There was only a tiny bit of filling required, though I did damage the sword hilt removing the casting block and ended up having to replace it from the spares box.

It's now ready for painting, so we'll see how it goes......

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Ralph and Mick - looks like this one has a better chance of making it to the end.

The head:

100_3489.JPG100_3491.JPG

Another tricky one - trying to get to the eyes under the visor was very difficult. Also, I had to attach the head to the body before painting as the join needed filling - normally I prefer to paint them separately.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Sublime.Peter.Love the work on his Shako.Metal work is particularly eyecatching.Great start mate.
Richard

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another wonderful head, no matter what happen with the bodies, your heads are always superb.

You must have quite a collection of finished heads sat in the spares box?

As Richard said, your metal work is quite brilliant too, pardon the pun!

The end of 2018 and Big Ben will ring out, just watching the BBC, explaining why and how.

Good to see you tackle another white uniform and exorcise than particular ghost.

Your last one had an excellent finish and the off white/light grey base "trick" was useful to know too.

Off to Physio early, for my post op checkup then a big rest before the celebrations start.

Hope you are all well and enjoy the New Year party

Have another good day with the paint

regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Cheers my friend.

Guy - Very kind of you thank you.

Steve - Will they have you in dancing form by tonight? Saw the Big Ben programme too - very interesting, though whenever I've ventured up to Trafalgar Square I've found that you can't hear the bells for the noise. Also impossible to get a drink in the crowded pubs and you're surrounded by people peeing in the streets. New Year British style!

No modelling time today as we're off to Herne Bay for fish and chips at Macari's by the bandstand. Dog friendly, which is good, though the spectacle of the old lady who buys a sausage for each of her five pugs is a dubious pleasure - ''Now wait till Mummy has her fish and chips, then you babies can have your sausage.'' Seaside cafe, British style!

Happy New Year!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The same to you all Peter.
Is that kettle ok ,if so I will sit in the armchair ,as long as the dog isn't on it .
Hi to Katherine .
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi John - the kettle's still dodgy and my daughter has decided that the much derided armchair makes a great nursing chair. Plenty of other seats though. After a great New Year's Eve by the seaside (Makcari's omelette and chips didn't disappoint, though having an ice cream sundae sitting outside may have been a mistake), I'm ready to get back to modelling. Dog exhausted after a good swim (mad!).

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Happy New Year,

Omelette and chips, you devil you, and a Sundae too.

Hoping to be "dancing" back to work in 6 to 8 weeks, so once the knee will bend enough to get back to the bench, I might have a little build and painting time before the inevitable return to routine.

Have a good day, whatever transpires.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve J - I've ordered a Tamiya 1/48 German 38t!!!!!! Taken your advice - time to resurrect the 'shenanigans' threads maybe?

Steve H - Pleased to hear that the recovery is going well - I think a bit of bench time would help too!
Still no sign of Telly Savalas, but when he arrives I'll get straight on to it, then get the Kelly's crew off to you.

This is what our officer is looking like:

100_3493.JPG100_3494.JPG

Bloomin' difficult - you take a couple of days off and forget how to paint. That's the toughest bit done though.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Top man!!! I will be front and centre for that build. Definite winter camo on that bad boy:smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling3:

By the way the figure is awesome:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter

You are certainly getting those whites down. Looks good enough to play cricket.

John

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice Peter, dog swimming ! hes a brave chap indeed.
John.