Lysander Revell 1/32 Finished

T

tecdes

The Revell Lysander 1/32 a strange ugly duckling in aircraft terms but fascinating with its stubby fuselage & graceful wings . The probably last 1/32 I will build as 1/48 has this has proved 1/48 for me. This has now been discontinued. It would make a good 1/48. Nice is the large & partially open cockpit. The efforts on the inside go noticed.

Finished at last after many interruptions not least moving from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom flat & fitting in a modeling making area.

View attachment 69842

View attachment 69844

View attachment 69845

View attachment 69846

View attachment 69848

A Revell & they did not do good. The landing gear lights are round the hole in the plastic for them a hexaginal shape. The cockpit at the front left a gap of about 3mm to the fuselage. The wing supports not good & I improved on that by applying to much poly cement & softening the supports & then removing the propping up. Whoops no wing it fell off. To be fair other than these it goes together OK.

Decals just brilliant. Just water needed & they went into the recesses & panel lines well. Cut all the excess around the roundels & tail piece decals to get rid of any silvering. Thanks to Vaughan & Colin for the Decals the originals which I managed to lose in moving.

Colours mine “shame on me” also watered down with white all to give a shabby look.

Weathering. Well went well over the top. Used every weathering medium possible to get experience. Vallejo washes absolutely great much better than the Flory’s stuff. Tamiya weathering pallets another great. Chalk pastels. Inks. Pigments.

Laurie

View attachment 69843

View attachment 69847

View attachment 69849

View attachment 69850

View attachment 69851

View attachment 69852

View attachment 69853

View attachment 69854

14a.jpg

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

5a.jpg

6a.jpg

7a.jpg

8a.jpg

9a.jpg

11a.jpg

12a.jpg

13a.jpg

M

mobear

fantastic save laurie,and it looks lovely mate,i would be proud to display that one.5*s from me

First Name
Andy
Hi Laurie,

Very, very nice work Sir, love all the details, may I ask what colour you have used on the front nose cone, looks like a bronze...

Huge ***** from me...

Andy...

T

tecdes

Thanks Ole & Andy.

The nose cone. The answer is not one colour. Sprayed it Copper to begin with. Then the rest by hand brush. Aluminium & some copper bit of black then a black wash finished with satin varnish as it looked dead with matt. I slapped the hand brush bit in a variety of strengths but in bits to give it hopefully a sort of stained bronze look.

Laurie

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good one Laurie. You got over the build issues very nicely.

Gern

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nicely done sir, love the corrosion on the exhaust.

Tony.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Laurie with all the trials and tribulations you have had with this it's one hell of a build looks fantastic a great build

A

AlasdairGF

That's great, Laurie. Really interesting plane, had heard of it but never had a good look! What are the openings on either side of the fuselage just forward of the tail?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks lovely Laurie, really nicely done. It looks better built than the originals! Westland had a poor reputation for quality, unlike you :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think it looks superb Laurie, the weathering and panel line washes are sublime. Great build from me mate.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
Brilliant, and I don't think you have overdone the weathering.

To me it looks just right!

5*****

Gregg

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Excellent build Laurie, you really did create a silk purse from a sows ear!!!!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great build Laurie , she was a quirky looking aircraft wasn't she :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i like that a lot......nice job!

sort of thing id like to do in that scale, nice to see something different

C

CDW

Well I agree with the rest, a great job.

Weathering looks fine too, very realistic.

I've clicked that ''great build'' doodab for you on this one :smiling3:

T

tecdes

Well thanks very much men very nice comments & very appreciated.

Alasdair the openings you mention are windows. Unfortunate as the plastic is thick & they have chamfered the edges which gives a bright shine on those edges.

Thanks for the "great build" doodab Colin. Shows how doppy I am I have just noticed all those little things. Is this the likes received thing ?

Laurie