M 31 Lee Recovery Vehicle

T

Tony Lee

Sorry to hear about that mistake Mike,with a kit like this never let the glue cure and it's the same with tracks.
I also always start with the front edge and work my way around both sides together until I reach the very rear edge. You might soften the joints with Tamiya thin glue to get the top off then a little on the side joints and then start over at the front edge again.
With all the rivet detail using filler will not be that easy to clean up buddy.

Stay with it,you can fix it
Tony lee

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Mike
Insomnia is a nightmare. However we seem to do our best workin the early hours. Looking goooooood!:cool:
Steve

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Steve,
Thankfully I don't suffer from Insomnia........ honest..:rolling:.. like last night slept the whole night. It happens every 6/8 weeks.... weird, I suffer from PTSD so that has its input.

Tony, Think I may have cracked it with out taking everything apart. Extra thick super glue. But will try it very carefully.

Cheers Mike:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Evening Guys,

I'm back from my long Weekend........ blink and you miss everything..... Lee has cracked on with his M31....................got to play catch up now......
onward and upward....

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

S

sprueone

I'll be following along here. This is an interesting subject and also have this kit but haven't started mine yet.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike,
Watching your build. I know it is a bit late with the advice but, I use a #9 scalpel blade, get it into the opening and start to move it about and this usually cracks the joint, you can also do it to music :thinking: but make sure the fingers are out of the way....
Cheers, MikeC.

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the advice, know doubt I could get the same problem in the future, thanks for the tip.

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: