M113 Dozer dio finished

D

dm73

This is my M113 dozer dio completed, i have set the scene at a forward firebase where a lucky vc mortar strike has badly damaged a parked up helo, the dozer is in the process of clearing the site to allow waiting Hueys to land and off load men and supplies.

The M113 is from Tamiya with the dozer attachment from verlinden, the Bell chopper was a Academy kit with serious warp problems in the tail as described in my under construction thread. The grunt is from a Dragon 'Nam kit.

The base is a slab of Celotex building insulation carved into the shape i wanted then painted in various shades of brown and reds to show the infamous Vietnam mud.

All comments welcome good or bad as this is my first dio and enjoyed learning from the build.

Thanks for looking

Darren

F

Fenlander

Looks very nice Darren, pictures a a little small to enjoy the detail. Very brave building the chopper just to trash it but, war is hell as someone once said.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks great Darren. In fact I would say it deserves some larger photos to better see the detail. It really is great. For a first attempt too.

Ian M

5*s on the way for that mate!

D

dm73

Cheers Graham, nice to have you back. Have reloaded the photos so hopefully they are larger. The helo was trash anyway, after a long battle trying to straighten the warped tail i accidently stepped on it:censored2: so i thought i'd try and use it anyway. Full story is here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/dioramas/12425-clearing-out-trash.html

View attachment 29740

View attachment 29741

View attachment 29742

View attachment 29743

View attachment 29744

View attachment 29745

View attachment 29746

View attachment 29747

Cheers Ian, hope the larger photos live up to the big 5

Darren

View attachment 34967

View attachment 34968

View attachment 34969

View attachment 34970

View attachment 34971

View attachment 34972

View attachment 34973

View attachment 34974

DSCN0316.jpg

DSCN0315.jpg

DSCN0317.jpg

DSCN0311.jpg

DSCN0312.jpg

DSCN0314.jpg

DSCN0313.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Like this dio mate like fenlander said nice that you used a broken kit to add to the effect never throw away a thing

Oh and the picture frame? For a base nice touch

John

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dm73

Cheers for the feedback John, the frame is a bit of old architrave left over from the extension i'm building, never thought about getting a picture frame, would have saved a lot of hassle.

Thanks again

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice Darren, you have certainly crammed a lot of 'going on' into it. That's what I call mud! Excellent build.

You mention picture frames, if you go to Wilkinsons or Pound Stretcher or similar, you can pick up really cheap picture frames incl. glass for next to nothing.

Cheers,

Ron

D

dm73

Cheers young Ron, the photos make the mud look a lot redder than it actually is, wanted to give the impression of the M113 digging in trying to shift the helo. Will ask the girlfriend to keep her eyes peeled for some cheapy frames next time shes in town

S

Sky Raider

Looks fantastic Darren. Well done mate.

Cheers

Andy

D

dm73

Thanks Andy for the compliment, looking forward to the next installment of the Dutchess, your doing a grand job on her.

Cheers

Darren

D

dm73

Cheers Trey and everyone else for all the positive comments, i've now got to find a good home for it as all my stuff is going to be packed up in the next few months ready for the move.