M16 Half Track, Braille Scale, AAA GB

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
done for Ron's AAA Group Build, thoroughly enjoyed doing this, always liked braille scale armour which i guess goes back to being a kid.....just one of those things that appeals

this was new tool by Matchbox back in 1974 and since i can remember doing this when i was into modelmaking the first time round i must have done it not long after it came out as i gave up the hobby about 1978......leaving school/job/beer/motorbike etc becoming more important.....im sure we can all relate to that lol

2 years ago i drew up a list of kits that i did remember doing way back then, and the plan was to find a kit and have another go just for old times sake.....all airfix, revell, matchbox, frog kits....back then it was pretty much all there was in the village newsagents lol....when Matchbox came along it was like a breath of fresh air cos they chose some interesting subjects no one else did and it the sprues were always in 2 or 3 colours..this is one i can cross off the list (still looking for that Airfix Belvedere at a sensible price lol)

wanted to try and do it how i would have done back then.......so brush painted (but not enamels!) and railway scatter for the grass......from the pics i can see i over did the mud a bit which is easy done in this scale but hey ho, still fun

enjoyed it so much im doing another ex-Matchbox kit next

o8c9zc.jpg

rcpj6c.jpg

z7mgy.jpg

mn16hc.jpg

and one for scale
2s7z1ax.jpg

First Name
colin
Nice paul. I remember sitting at my parents table building the same kit I think there was more paint on mums table than there was on the kit.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice Paul. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Good luck with the next one

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice to see one of these again Paul, my favorite of the Matchbox line.:smiling:
Looks very nice and muddy.:thumb2: