M2A1

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Scottie I'm still tuning in for my build lessons and you have not disappointed me as usual, great work again :thumb2::thumb2:, looking forward to the base.
Pete.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Figs are a PITA, but visualizing them in interesting poses on one of your superb bases (think your brewing tea dio) can restore your mojo and enhance the viewing of your model. Just a thought. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie I'm still tuning in for my build lessons and you have not disappointed me as usual, great work again :thumb2::thumb2:, looking forward to the base.
Pete.

Thanks Pete, But there is not much you could learn from me.

Figs are a PITA, but visualizing them in interesting poses on one of your superb bases (think your brewing tea dio) can restore your mojo and enhance the viewing of your model. Just a thought. PaulE

Paul, Thanks fella, very kind of you to remember that build. I have some figures for the base but they need a lot of work bad flash and some soft detail.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now Paul keep it going, it deserves one of your superb bases. In fact we demand it !
John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful additions to the interior Scottie. Very realistic indeed. You have put a lot of work into this build and it has turned out really well. I hope all goes well with the base

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wonderful additions to the interior Scottie. Very realistic indeed. You have put a lot of work into this build and it has turned out really well. I hope all goes well with the base

Thanks Steve, I had a bit of a mojo stutter at the beginning but I enjoyed the build and I'm glad you like it so far.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have started slowly adding the details to the base. Everything is held together with pins and bluetack at the moment. The main parts are being blocked in. I am trying to achieve an old village building. The shutters are made from balsa with wire fittings and pewter hinges. The window frames are made from a mixture of coffee stirrers and evergreen. The upstairs window has some net curtains and handles made from wire. The window blinds are made from cigarette papers just to add some colour and hide the voids behind.
Next it will be time to add more detail and start painting the woodwork. I will also try and add a hand rail for the steps.
Any suggestions for improvements will be greatly appreciated.

DSCF1525.JPGDSCF1526.JPG

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
The Half-track looks great Scottie, really like the interior work a lot.:tongue-out::thumb2:
Very nice base, that and some figs will be great companions for the M2.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fernando,
Glad you like the halftrack mate I have some figures to do but they are my least favourite part of any build. The trouble with me is I have a picture in my mind of what I want to achieve but in reality it doesn't live up to it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Just great. Top modelling skills. Really look forward to your updates.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Fernando,
Glad you like the halftrack mate I have some figures to do but they are my least favourite part of any build. The trouble with me is I have a picture in my mind of what I want to achieve but in reality it doesn't live up to it.
Same here, I always aim for one face and end up with another.....:upside::smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Paul,

The house is fine the way it is and I love the way you use a variety of materials to do it. Top work my friend! This whole project is turning into a first class dio and up to your usual high standards. Drive on!!!

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen,
Thanks my friend it's great to hear from you, glad your liking it so far.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hey Scottie,
Building looks great from here, you’ve made a nice job of the frames and shutters...........nice bit of micro carpentry :thumb2:

Handrails sound like a nice touch....had you thought about adding a small porch/ canopy type thing above the door?
Keep up the good work mate :thumb2:

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Scottie,
Building looks great from here, you’ve made a nice job of the frames and shutters...nice bit of micro cap entry :thumb2:

Handrails sound like a nice touch....had you thought about adding a small porch/ canopy type thing above the door?
Keep up the good work mate :thumb2:

Si,
I like the sound of that will give it some thought