Magic Tracks ( Kaizen)

First Name
Robert
Hi guys and gals

Thinking of other projects and while I'm waiting on paints etc drying I thought I'd start on the tracks for my upcoming ( one day soon ) JagdPanzer IV /70(V) Lang

Now it's a Tamiya kit and it's the new tool but I used the rubber band style tracks for my desert Panzer IV as it came with no tracks.

Anyway I had another set of tracks for this kit as I heard the rubber ones were a bit tight, so I ordered the Kaizen light weight Panzer IV indie tracks.

Now there are 220 pcs to the kit and 28 pcs ( metal pins 0.4mm)

Each styrene part comes with 2 tracks each for left and 2 for right. Takes an eternity and I'm only on left side.

I wonder has anyone used these before?

They seem to fit nicely and don't come apart once fixed, and sag seems to be evident if you want it image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4539

Never used aftermarket tracks,but these look good to me.

How much are they?

First Name
Robert
I got them a while ago not too sure ( prob I got a deal I'm sure ) but they come from Hong Kong

J-Pak Workshops /Ref Kz- Pz- 400LW

I typed in Kaizen workable track links

Hope this helps some

Regards

Robert

F

Fenlander

Never used these before but, although a pain at times, I am a big fan of the individual track links either working or not. However, I have never paid the silly money for the metal tracks some of which I don't think look that good. I was given, some time ago, a set of resin track links, one for a panther and one for a tiger in 1/35. Really must get a model built to put them on.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
they look good,Robert,

what scary me with after market tracks is I will get the wrong ones,

I,m not a fan of the vinyl serpents at all, but Im very happy when I,get the

individual track links,maybe a little fiddly ,but look much better, ;)

T

tommy1drop

Got a few of these on my watched list on evil-bay, reasonably priced at around the £13/16 mark, they don't look bad at all ;)

First Name
Robert
Once I finish the left side I'll post some pics ( they closed one end so pin shows inside ( barely ) but once painted eh??

First Name
Robert
That's 1 side finished and used approx 101 links ( this gives too much sag I know but you can see the use of natural looking track. The pins are on the inside so you cannot see them which is a good design feature of the Indi links. Took me about 2 hours to do one side.

I do like this type of track, as once I remove maybe 2 links it should be about right with correct sag between top return rollers. because it's a complete track too it will be like the band tripe tracks to paint and weather off the vehicle ( I presume)

Fiddly work but I think possibly more realism in the look and reaction of tracks( I'm no tank expert

Robert

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

dubster72

I'm with Peter, they do look good. But considering the effort & cost, I would have expected the guide horns to be hollow like with Dragon Magic Tracks.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
I'm with Peter, they do look good. But considering the effort & cost, I would have expected the guide horns to be hollow like with Dragon Magic Tracks.
I see your point Patrick and as I paid approx £15 for them ( you would think them pre drilled ) I wold have to drill each one out to be accurate, and as you say time consuming again.

( always good to get your comments )

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I real do like the look of them,like how you can get the right amount of sag as well, :D

some think very worth looking into ,I think, ;)