Mark IV female from Takom

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Neo,

he details you put into your builds are truly excellent. One thing I do like in particular is the very small chains can you explain how you make them.

Scottie

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Hi Neo,

he details you put into your builds are truly excellent. One thing I do like in particular is the very small chains can you explain how you make them.

Scottie
Hi, Scottie! I try, but it rather hard to do things like this. I can do some kind of step by step instruction but only on Thursday. Tomorrow we will celebrate the greatest holiday in Russia. We have day off:cool:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi, Scottie! I try, but it rather hard to do things like this. I can do some kind of step by step instruction but only on Thursday. Tomorrow we will celebrate the greatest holiday in Russia. We have day off:cool:
Ok mate. have a great day don't get to drunk lol.

Scottie

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Ok mate. have a great day don't get to drunk lol.

Scottie
Hi,Scottie! As I promiced. A little instruction.
1.Take two drills. You may vary drill diameter or quantity depending on what maesures of the chain link do you want. If you want longer - make 3 drills. Bigger one - take drills more diameter or more thick wire.
311facb4a142.jpg

2.Hold drills togetrher.
2c2ae7f89e6d.jpg

3.Put wire under drills.
5a1a64889fcd.jpg

4. Bend the wire around drills in two directions.
82e1ef821837.jpg

5.Bend until it will be look like that.
50826de00841.jpg

6. Remove drills.
8e99f6a3f9c4.jpg

7. Cut at this side.
739169a6ae2b.jpg

8.Now we have a chain link. We can put in together with anothet link and then bend open side by tweezers.
f172f7cce447.jpg

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hello Neo,
Many thanks for the tutorial on making your chains.
You asked about my piano hinges - it is all illusion - I have some strips of Eduard 00 099 Rivets (positive). I lay one strip the length I need, then next to that a length of copper wire that has been rolled gently under an old file to give an idea of the hinge, and then a second strip of rivets alonside the copper wire, prime paint and hey presto piano hinges.
Cheers,
MikeC.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Hello Neo,
Many thanks for the tutorial on making your chains.
You asked about my piano hinges - it is all illusion - I have some strips of Eduard 00 099 Rivets (positive). I lay one strip the length I need, then next to that a length of copper wire that has been rolled gently under an old file to give an idea of the hinge, and then a second strip of rivets alonside the copper wire, prime paint and hey presto piano hinges.
Cheers,
MikeC.
Hello,Mike! Thank you for discribing! I understand and will need this in A30 build. Unfortunatelly I made a mistake in this moment when was working with Cromwell.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi,Scottie! As I promiced. A little instruction.
1.Take two drills. You may vary drill diameter or quantity depending on what maesures of the chain link do you want. If you want longer - make 3 drills. Bigger one - take drills more diameter or more thick wire.
311facb4a142.jpg

2.Hold drills togetrher.
2c2ae7f89e6d.jpg

3.Put wire under drills.
5a1a64889fcd.jpg

4. Bend the wire around drills in two directions.
82e1ef821837.jpg

5.Bend until it will be look like that.
50826de00841.jpg

6. Remove drills.
8e99f6a3f9c4.jpg

7. Cut at this side.
739169a6ae2b.jpg

8.Now we have a chain link. We can put in together with anothet link and then bend open side by tweezers.
f172f7cce447.jpg
Neo,
Thanks mate I will give this ago for sure.
Scottie

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Still working with sides. We need to separate all riveted plains.
Like that and so on.
03076153aca4.jpg
DSC03722.JPG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Neo you've probably got walk round pctures if not I have some of the one in Kent, UK which I went to a few months ago.
Pete.

E

Evan James

Artyom this is fantastic work mate, incredible attention to detail and the skills to match, I'm loving your kit choices too, I hope one day a model manufacturer releases a kit that is good enough for you to make out of the box. :tongue-out3:
I'll be watching with great interest.
ev

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Artyom this is fantastic work mate, incredible attention to detail and the skills to match, I'm loving your kit choices too, I hope one day a model manufacturer releases a kit that is good enough for you to make out of the box. :tongue-out3:
I'll be watching with great interest.
ev
Hi,Evan! Thank you for your words! Usually I build something rare:smiling2: what nobody builds. I have stored some interesting boxes for the future. So one day I hope I will share my materials about A39 tortoise, Voroshilovets or Hungarian Toldi:rolling:

And I have T-60 from Miniart. Excellent kit, I think I will build in OTTB:thumb2: But I won't promise :smiling2:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Artyom I've just seen and looked through this build thread, and may I say that there is some seriously great work going into it. I will looking in from time to time from now on.