Mark's revell 1:48 se5a

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Blimey that's looking good mate :cool:
... Is that "Panzer Aces" New Wood by any chance?!... Probably not,I just thought it looked similar!
Either way Buddy, it's a bit special mefinks :thumb2:
Thanks Andy, its just some old reddish brown revell paint with a bit of oil paint rubbed over for a bit of tone variation.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Looks as if they're there for inspection of the pulleys that make the waggly bits waggle.
Pete
That would save cutting into the fabric. But are they modern additions or contemporary? Never seen them before on any other SE.5A. And finding a period photo including that part of the wing or tail may be difficult

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
That would save cutting into the fabric. But are they modern additions or contemporary? Never seen them before on any other SE.5A. And finding a period photo including that part of the wing or tail may be difficult
But looking through Wingnut Wings photos, there indeed they are. Very interesting

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Decals to finish on the upper wing now the rest are done,undercarriage in place and the outer wing struts are fixed to the lower wing, upper wing just balancing there at the moment,i will get the weathering done and put some rigging through the eyelets in the upper wing before i glue it in place then ive only got to worry about fixing it to the lower wing.1000003138.jpg1000003139.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking excellent mark , always liked the look of the SE5 , very solid looking machine . Cheers tony

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm playing ketchup with you here Mark. You seem to have a knack for the biplane wing thingy's. This looks really nice and the paint work is most excellent too! The rigging and your home made loops will really look great when you're done Sir...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Brilliant work there Mark, I'm afraid my eyesight is not up to the fine detail work like that any more, not to mention the shaky hands.
This getting old is getting a bit old now. ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great work mark. The SE5 is looking really nice.